We would you for you to join our team as a Motor Transport Operator!
Motor transport operators are primarily responsible for supervising or operating wheel vehicles to transport personnel and cargo. They are the backbone of the Army’s support and sustainment structure, providing advanced mobility on and off the battlefield.
- Operate all wheel vehicles and equipment over varied terrain and roadways
- Manage load, unload, and safety of personnel being transported
- Oversee and check proper loading and unloading of cargo on vehicles and trailers
- Employ convoy defense techniques
- Identify, correct or report all vehicle deficiencies
- Prepare vehicle for movement/shipment by air, rail or vessel
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a motor transport operator requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and seven weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in simulation — yet over 200 training hours are spent in actual vehicles and field training environments.
- Experience in driver education
- Interest in driving and mechanics
***Disclaimer*** Must be willing to join the United States Army.
Role: Motor Transport Operator
Location: San Marcos,
Apply for this job now.