SUMMARY OF POSITION: (Summarize primary responsibilities of this position and how it adds value to the organization.)
The Patient Concierge is responsible for creating a positive and lasting impression for patients and caregivers, through Provision’s Culture of Care Standards of Excellence, that will exceed patient expectations and distinguish Provision as the premiere destination for proton therapy treatment. The Patient Concierge will consult prospective patients, serve patient and caregiver needs by serving as a resource; an event planner, a support system for the patient, a liaison to the clinical team, and maintain and grow the Ambassadors program. The Concierge will follow up with patients from the time they are put on the schedule until after treatment is complete.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: (Be specific and list the responsibilities for this position. Maximum of 10 responsibilities. )
· Work with Ambassadors to educate and promote proton therapy and develop relationships.
· Ensure a smooth and cohesive operation for patients while keeping the Culture of Care standards.
· Communicate and interact efficiently with multiple clinical teams to ensure the proper care of patients during their entire treatment.
· Strategize and implement new processes and work flow efficiencies to improve patient experiences, gathering feedback from patients and families.
· Utilizing an array of software systems, cross reference all new patient registrations and follow up registrations against data entry for the integrity and compliance of Provision’s electronic medical records.
· Arrange hotel reservations, car rentals, airfare and other entertainment for patients.
· Coordinate, schedule and promote weekly programs and events (internal and external) for patients and caregivers that can be educational, entertaining, motivational or inspirational, in order to establish a sense of community during their treatment.
o Plans, promotes and leads weekly patient lunches
o Plans, promotes and leads weekly New Patient Orientations
o Plans, promotes and leads weekly Chat Sessions incorporating community partners and emphasizing the Culture of Care and services offered
· Serve as a primary resource of information to patients, offering guidance, solutions and assistance to patients, families and visitors.
· Reduce patient and caregiver anxiety by communicating with family during each step of the process.
· Follows up with patient on weeks one, two and three, and three months after completing treatment
· Goal of 100% patient satisfaction per patient survey completion.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: (Required and preferred education, experience, and skills - both hard and soft skills. Include physical and mental demands as well as working conditions if applicable. )
Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree desirable
· Excellent Conflict/Resolution Solving Skills
· Electronic Medical Record System familiarity Preferred but not required
· Excellent Computer Skills and familiarity with Office Suite programs
· Interaction Skills: Works and interacts with others in a cooperative and positive manner. Treats others with courtesy, dignity and respect. Considerate of others. Treats patients with empathy and caring through individual actions.
· Strong Communication Skills: Effective oral and written communication. Expresses self in a clear, concise manner. Listens and follows directions.
· Professional appearance, empathetic manner and communication must reflect Provision Culture.
The Provision CARES Proton Therapy Nashville is a comprehensive cancer center providing a broad range of treatments and support services including proton therapy, conventional radiation therapy, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, diagnostic imaging, wellness, and social support services. Construction is underway with a projected opening in the summer of 2018.
Provision Solutions, based in Knoxville, TN, is developing the campus including The Provision CARES Proton Therapy Center. This three room proton facility will be one of only around 30 proton centers in the U.S. when it opens. Provision Solutions will work with the president to oversee the successful opening and start-up of the proton therapy center.
Other provider entities on campus will include (but are not necessarily limited to) Sarah Cannon Research Institute, Williamson Medical Center, Gilda’s Club of Nashville, and Tennessee Oncology.
Role: Patient Concierge
Apply for this job now.