As the Deputy Nursery Manager, you must have a passion for working with children and want to give an excellent standard of childcare. You need to be confident and flexible, be able to liaise with parents and help contribute to the growing success of the nursery.
The duties of the role will include but not limited to:
- The ideal Deputy Nursery Manager must have a Level 3 (or above) or equivalent qualification in childcare, have exceptional in-depth knowledge of Birth to Three Matters, the Foundation Stage Curriculum and be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- With at least 1 year's supervisory experience as a Deputy Nursery Manager you will be responsible for the staff and children within the nursery.
- The Deputy Nursery Manager will provide assistance to the Nursery Manager in the daily running of the nursery.
- The Nursery Deputy Manager will work under the direction of the Manager and deputise for him/her as and when required.
- To support the aims and objectives of the nursery and assist the Manager in the organisation of a high-quality setting.
- To provide high standards of childcare and education including monitoring and reviewing the provision at all times.
- To be key in raising the quality of early years provision and act as an agent of change to improve practice in the nursery including providing a safe, caring environment to enable the emotional, social and educational development of children, through individual attention and group activities.
- To lead and implement practice across the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), support and mentor all team members and model the skills and behaviours that safeguard and promote good outcomes for children, and, in addition, work in close collaboration with other agencies.
- To manage Room Leaders, directing and supporting the whole team as required.
- To build and maintain strong partnerships with parents.
- You must hold Childcare qualifications and you will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS.
If you are passionate about childcare, and feel you fit the Deputy Nursery Manager position and have the relevant experience and qualifications then this is the perfect position for you.
If you would like to apply for this job, please contact us to have a more in-depth conversation around this amazing opportunity.
Role: Assistant Deputy Manager
Apply for this job now.