Financial Accountant Reports to Head of Finance Remuneration £45,000 - £50,000
Our Client is an Equity backed Video/Film production Company often working within the music arena or with film production companies. This is a fantastic business that will attract creatively minded Qualified accountants who enjoy tech.
The position will be ideal for a qualified technical minded accountant who has worked in the IT or Video production / special effects industry and who is ambitious to grow and develop within the company, and looking to join a fast-paced and dynamic finance team. This is a commercially focused role in which you will have the opportunity to develop your leadership skills and play a significant part in shaping the future strategy and growth trajectory around the business.
- Completion of annual statutory financial statements
- Liaising with auditors during year end and interim audits
- Working with the FD & FC and advising on any Technical accounting issues that may arise around sales, purchases, stock, WIP etc
- Management of stock purchases including COGS, tracking of stock items and returns
- Working closely with Operations team to manage the stock accounting.
- Ownership of stock related balance sheet reconciliations.
- Working with the Asia Office team to ensure monthly numbers are reviewed and reconciled between UK Netsuite and Asia Offices books
- Assisting the FC with variance analysis and ensure BS reconciliations are completed and documented each month-end appropriately.
- Assisting the FP&A manager and the FC in completing board reporting including variance analysis and commentary
- Overseeing the processing of bank transactions in NetSuite from HSBC
- Assisting FC in approving purchase invoices on a regular basis ensuring correct coding.
- Ensuring credit card reconciliations are updated and the overdue list is published to team heads.
- Reconciliations of POs within NetSuite ensuring item receipts and bills are in sync.
- Assist the team with ad-hoc projects as required.
- Documentation updated for all processes above.
- Support the Financial Controller and Finance Planning and Manager in adhoc tasks as required
- Qualified ACCA, CIMA, ACA.
- University Degree Minimum 2.1
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word
- Google Suite – Sheets, Docs
- NetSuite and Salesforce experience preferred.
- Strong Analytical and decision-making skills
- Experience working in Private Equity and B2B environment is desirable.
- Minimum of 2-3 years within a business partner, management accounting role.
- Stock accounting experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to present numbers
- Experience within a Private Equity backed business is highly advantageous
- Able to demonstrate initiative and work to tight deadlines.
- Keen to learn new skills, processes and systems
- Ability to work flexibly within a team, in a fast paced environment
- Results-driven with high attention to detail