We are currently looking for Construction Estimators to perform duties related to business development, preparation of construction costs and scheduling for both negotiated contracts and hard bid contracts. As a member of the Estimating Team your responsible for providing accurate take-offs, contacting suppliers and subcontractors to validate lead times and pricing. Additionally, Estimators conduct site visits nationally, to various potential projects and determines an accurate project scope.
- Review project plans, specifications and scope of work
- Understand project logistics and schedules
- Review and understand all bid documents and assess project risks
- Prepare accurate quantity take-offs, and materials pricing
- Build successful relationships with subcontractors and vendors
- Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier quotes
- Perform value engineering and budgeting to company standards
- Perform pre-construction duties and meetings with clients, owners, architects, designers, engineers, etc.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in Hotel, Resort, and Hospitality is mandatory
- 7 - 10 years' experience in major construction renovation
- Must possess knowledge of all types of building construction, including but not limited to structural knowledge, MEP trades, site layout and staging, finishes, building envelope, etc.
- Knowledge and skill in use of computer estimating software MC2/ICE and On-Screen Takeoff is mandatory
- Ability to present information in oral, written and graphic form
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be self-motivated and not rely on constant direction
Role: Commercial Chief Estimator (Hotel Experience Only)
Apply for this job now.