JOB TYPE: Full Time, Permanent
SALARY: £20,000 - £29,999, £30,000 - £39,999, £40,000 - £49,999, £50,000 - £59,999
Graduate Software Engineer
- Do you have a passion for technology, with experience of building and troubleshooting code in a variety of situations?
- Do you want to work in a role where you do meaningful work, making an immediate impact on colleague and customer experience in an organisation that is leading the way in its sector for digital disruption?
- Do you want to work at a company that will empower you to be your best self at work?
If so, a Graduate Software Engineer role may be the right route for you. At Aviva, we truly believe new ideas and perspectives are invaluable. So, if you have a curious mind, a customer focus and a love of technology please read on! About the role
Technology at Aviva is an exciting place to be! We're the UK's largest insurer, a FTSE 100 company and a global leader. Awarded Digital Insurance Company of the year at the Data, Analytics & Technology Awards for Insurance, our Technology community is among the best resourced and most talented anywhere.
We work collaboratively in small teams to build high quality solutions that meet our customers' needs, first time: whether delivering tools internally to meet the wider needs of the organisation or producing innovative technology like the award winning "My Aviva" customer portal and "Aviva Drive".
As a Graduate Software Engineer, we'll equip you with the technical tools and hands-on experience to succeed, as well as giving you the time and support to study for industry - recognised Cloud certifications , and access to Pluralsight to continually build you r technical skill.
From the beginning we'll get you work ing on interesting and challenging projects alongside a community of highly capable and experienced technology professionals. You'll learn to act as an agent of change, bringing in fresh eyes and thoughts to how we work. You r work will include enhancing existing products, creating new products and platforms and maintain ing our existing applications, by:
- Writing and testing software code for our applications
- Using version control systems to maintain our software code base
- Focus on software development techniques as well as software language
- Developing yourself and later others in the Software Engineering community
Y ou will:
What will you get for this role?
- Have or be on track for a 2:2 Degree, preferably in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths) related subject
- You will also need a minimum of 5 x GCSE's or Scottish National 5's at A-C grade (4-9) (or equivalent) from prior study - this must include English and Maths
- Have significant experience of codin g - whether as a part of your studies or as an outside passion. We'll ask you to share examples of what you have built and troubleshoot code as part of our selection process
- Be flexible, able to adapt and change quickly to different situations
- Be comfortable talking about your work, and explaining concepts and decisions to other
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have a love of learning and be working to continually improve
- Have a genuine interest in technology
The recruitment process:
- Starting salary from £25,000 (depending on skills, experience and qualifications)
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" , plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We live Aviva's values, with a culture of continually challenging and improving what we do and how we do it. We invest in our people, expecting curiosity and a courageous mindset. We will assess your strengths as well as understanding how connected and aligned to our values you are throughout the process.
The process itself is:
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
- Make an online application - this will include answering a short questionnaire and attaching your CV
- If you pass the initial screen you will be have a short telephone interview
- Pass that and you'll be sent some online tests
- And if you do well in these, there's an assessment day
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By 'minimum criteria' we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
I f you like the sound of all that, we'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you need an alternative method of applying, please give Daniela Krol a call on: 0121 234 7660 or ping them an email at: #removed#
Role: Graduate Software Engineer
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Bristol (City Centre), England, England
Apply for this job now.