POSITION OBJECTIVES: To provide administrative support, inventory control, stocking, customer service with regards to parts sales.
· To assist customers with ordering parts and completing paperwork associated with customer orders.
· Solicit parts orders from customers and process.
· Order parts and equipment, track backorders.
· Coordinate trucking associated with parts shipments and equipment shipped on outside carriers.
· Check in parts, match with purchase orders.
· Stock shelves and securely store products in accordance with TPM inventory control procedures.
· Maintain inventories and purchasing parts.
· Conduct semi-annual inventories.
· Maintain all shipping by UPS, freight, etc.
· Adhere to safety and security regulations and procedures, including the immediate reporting of all unsafe acts and/or conditions.
· High School diploma or GED required.
· Two years of experience as a parts coordinator is required.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
· Ability to write simple correspondence.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Must be able to read and understand the Thompson Pump & Manufacturing Co., Inc. Employee Handbook, safety plans/programs, safety training materials and MSDS sheets.
· Basic proficiency in MS Office applications to include Excel, Word and Outlook.
· Working knowledge of inventory, purchasing, and MRP software is required in this position. Specific experience in Navision is highly desired
· Equal Opportunity Employer
Thompson Pump, a 45-year old family-owned company based in Port Orange, Fla., is a full-service manufacturer and provider of high quality dewatering and construction pumps, pumping equipment and engineering expertise for the toughest dewatering, bypass and emergency pumping applications. Since 1970, Thompson Pump has assisted clients worldwide with pump rentals, sales, service, repair, design, installation and operational support. Thompson Pump operates sales, rental and service centers throughout the United States with 21 branches and depots. The company is also aligned with more than 30 distributors in the United States, Canada, and Latin America. Thompson Pump is a Blue Chip Enterprise Award winner and their products meet the requirements for certification as defined by the Contractors Pump Bureau. Thompson Pump holds numerous product patents along with the registered trademarks of Enviroprime System, Silent Knight, and Arctic Knight.
Role: Parts Coordinator
Apply for this job now.