If you’re a successful and motivated marketing professional with expertise in managing the retail pharmacy channel for a medical device portfolio - this opportunity may be for you! UltiMed is a rapidly growing medical device company with a portfolio of syringes and pen needles including a highly differentiated dispense and dispose sharps system with considerable opportunity to grow the business through the independent and retail pharmacy channels. Marketing experience with retail pharmacies in the medical device sector is preferred.
The Sr. Marketing Manager is responsible for the full range of marketing disciplines to drive integrated retail diabetes marketing plans that result in customer acquisition, loyalty, sales growth and improved profitability.
The Sr. Marketing Manager understands retail pharmacy in the medical device sector and is the internal champion representing the voice of the customer for all stakeholders UltiMed serves. The Sr. Marketing Manager is expected to demonstrate strong leadership capabilities and will be able to work collaboratively with internal and external teams and other key stakeholders. This role is a core member of the UltiMed product leadership team and is required to be an effective team player, responsible for leading and contributing to shared team goals.
Key Activities and Accountabilities
• Contribute to the planning and development of the retail diabetes marketing strategy
• Lead competitive intelligence and competitive messaging development to effectively manage competitive threats
• Drive brand messages and communication through internal and external communications and campaigns to drive sales and share growth
• Engage with customers by participating in marketing events such as seminars, tradeshows, workshops and field visits
• Communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop tools that support the selling process and increase sales force effectiveness
• Collaborate with diverse groups of partners, including but not limited to: Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain, Quality and Creative Agencies
Consumer Diabetes Product Marketing Functions
• Leverage customer and market knowledge to develop positioning, messaging, content, promotional tactics/programs to drive demand and meet annual business plans.
• Demonstrate knowledge of marketing disciplines and concepts necessary for building business & marketing plans to the appropriate channels.
• Drive pricing and promotional tactics to achieve business objectives and optimize product profitability.
• Identify and remain current on market trends, including competitive intelligence
• Demonstrate strong financial acumen and budget management.
• Deliver monthly product forecast to inform demand planning in cooperation with manufacturing.
• Demonstrate strong working knowledge of products and be a strong advocate of the brand.
• Create differentiated and meaningful product positioning and messaging that comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
• Lead the creation of product marketing collateral, including packaging, brochures, animations, illustrations, sell sheets, adverts, etc.
• Develop sales and training materials, guides and tutorials as needed.
• Drive strategy and execution at national tradeshows.
• Understand methods available to execute primary research that are necessary to decision making. Identify market opportunities through secondary research and take action by implementing and managing solutions.
• Manage objections in the field through tool development and customer visits.
• Partner with Product Development and Regulatory teams in defining new product requirements.
• Contribute in the development of strategic and tactical GTM campaign plans, including product-level positioning and messaging to be used by sales and marketing.
• Innovate and create ideas that maximize outcomes with efficient use of resources.
• Maximize market exposure to further industry leading position.
Experience and Skills
• 8+ years experience in marketing field required.
• Medical device or retail pharmacy marketing experience strongly preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Technical/clinical marketing background.
• Digital marketing experience (nice to have).
• Demonstrated ability to employ strong strategic planning, selling, presentation, communication, negotiation, financial acumen, organization and project management skills.
• Self-motivation with the ability to perform at a high level of autonomy.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other to achieve goals.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 30%.
• Bachelors degree in marketing, business or related field required.
• MBA or advanced degree preferred.
UltiMed is a manufacturer of medical injection devices located in Excelsior, MN. It provides diabetes patients with high quality injection devices, which are complemented by a proprietary packaging system that enables safe disposal.
Founded in 1989 as an importer of hypodermic needles and syringes, today the Company owns and operates a manufacturing facility in De Smet, South Dakota and coordinates production activities through key vendors in South Korea and other Asian countries.
Throughout UltiMed's 28 year history, the Company has grown consistently and remained committed to excellence and to serving its customers.
UltiMed is a portfolio company of LDI, Ltd., a family office based in Indianapolis, Indiana, that invests in high-potential, middle-market companies.
Role: Sr. Marketing Manager – Retail Diabetes
Apply for this job now.