We are truly GRAND!
Here at Grand Family Dentistry, our teams don’t just shape smiles - they shape the lives of families every single day. Working at Grand Family Dentistry means being challenged, having fun, and being proud of what you do. It means being a mentor, being a friend, and being part of a change that starts with each patient. We are a leader in general dental care to adults and children. Our compassion and drive make us the best at what we do every day. Currently, Grand Family Dentistry is operating in three locations, with two in Mandeville and one in Baton Rouge. This is the time to join not just an amazing company, but a place where you will be a part of making smiles happen every day.
Grand Family Dentistry is looking for a Dental Assistant and / or Front End staff ready to make a difference in the lives of families. Although below is a description of what your job would entail, we want to emphasize that working at Grand Family Dentistry is more than just a job. Grand Family Dentistry is not your typical dental office and working here is not your typical experience. You will thrive here if you are someone who wants to grow professionally while serving your community at the same time.
For faster review of your applications apply at : #
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Dental Assistant provides support to the office and is responsible for assisting the professional dental staff with treatment.
· Deliver quality and compassionate care to every patient
· Guide patients through process before treatment
· Educate patients in oral hygiene instruction and provide postoperative instructions
· Prepare patient for examination and treatment
· Take x-rays and save to patient charts
· Responsible for the operational readiness of the hygiene room and operatory rooms
o Prepare tray set-ups for dental procedures
o Mix amalgam, cement, pulp paste and prepare impression materials
o Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment
o Clean chairs and rooms
· Assist professional dental staff with treatment
· Document patient information, treatment plans, and procedures in patient chart
· Assist with suctioning, holding retractors and suture cutting during surgical procedures
· Pour, trim and polish impression casts
· Fabricate custom temporary crowns and impression trays
· Responsible for adhering to all government regulations and company standards
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Participate in local community affairs and events to include presentations, events, and any opportunity to promote a positive image of Grand Family Dentistry
· Assist with monthly inventory counts
· Assist with other office duties as needed
Education, Training and/or Experience
Graduation from a senior high school or GED equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
· High focus on customer service and satisfaction
· Must love working with children
· Compassion and high level of service for our patients, parents and staff
· Integrity, always doing the right thing
· Dependable, reliable to be at work when scheduled
· Attention to detail
· Able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
· Professional manner and appearance at all times
· Computer skills: Computer literate
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
X-ray certification, certified dental assistant credentials may be required for specific positions.
· One year office experience in a dentist’s or physician’s office
· Experience with general dentistry
Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with patients, their parents, and staff. Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds and be able to twist, turn, bend and stoop.
Majority of work performed in a clinical environment. Requires availability for extended hours during peak periods. Hours may change to meet the business needs.
SUBMIT YOUR INFORMATION TO THE FOLLOWING SITE : #-assistant-baton-rouge-la-3?rcid
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package as well as growth opportunities to our full -time employees. Grand Family Dentistry’s benefits include: vacation, medical, dental, 401K, company holidays and much much more!
Apply at: #
About Practice :
Year Founded : 1998
Number of employees : 46
What Makes Us Grand!
The Doctors and staff at Grand Family Dentistry are dedicated to taking care of your oral health. From cleanings that make your teeth sparkle to corrective procedures that restore your mouth's overall health. At Grand Family Dentistry we emphasize personalized dentistry - that means we're here to help you understand the wide range of options available to meet your dental needs - at a price you can afford.
Our skilled professionals are committed to the highest standards of dental care, and ensuring that every patient leaves our office with a bright and healthy smile. Whether you just need a routine cleaning and check-up, or if you have a more complex dental problem, the staff at Grand Family Dentistry will ensure that you are well cared for.
Don't wait any longer to consult with "The Grand Professionals". Call Grand Family Dentistry at (985)-231-5796 or complete our simple online form to schedule a consultation. We're dedicated to providing you with affordable, top-quality dental care.
Should you ever need additional information about our practice, we are always available to answer your questions. Let us care for your entire family! We look forward to meeting you. By William Grand
Our services include:
Same Day DentalCare
Role: Dental Assisting
Location: Baton Rouge,
Apply for this job now.