There is a job opening for a Software/Systems Engineer looking to grow their career. There is a great opportunity with Robert Half Technology for a candidate with a strong command of design patterns and software engineering methods to join a highly focused, motivated team. Creating new platforms and maintaining existing technologies are responsibilities critical to the role as well as the ability to effectively collaborate with others. A full-time role, this Software Engineer opportunity will be based in the Edison, New Jersey area.
- Ensure that aspects of corporate system architecture are driven by the business imperatives/client requirements of the organization and that the requirements driving the overall architecture are managed
consistently and effectively.
- Assesses requirements, presents and advises on system engineering based recommendations and governance processes that are in line with the strategic vision for the enterprise and wider best practice.
- Configures, deploys and administers defined technology/systems (e.g., hardware, operating systems, network and middleware) in support of on-going operations and projects.-
- Administers the Windows, Linux and UNIX servers as directed.
- Automates systems monitoring tasks using standard monitoring tools.
- Troubleshoots and debugs environment and infrastructure problems found in the production and nonproduction environments.
- Data backup management, scheduling and reporting for both internal corporate systems and data center (NOC) systems.
- Implements and manages technologies to interact with databases and render information in a usable format for all eBusiness initiatives, including real-time web services and batch processing.
- Assists the IT department in high level network design, network security and in HP-UX server administration.
- Assists in software quality assurance initiatives involving software testing, verification and validation.
- Authors internal documentation, such as environment diagrams, installation/configuration documents and release notes.
- Assists in establishing and implementing configuration management program and policies.
- Works with other team members in IT, QA, and Project Management to plan the deployment of software releases and continuously improve the software configuration processes.
- Manages and controls the continuous release promotion cycle for designated systems (manually short term, through automation long-term) including the following environments: development, test, validation and production.
- Develops deployment scripts on a lifecycle automation platform for the orchestration, integration and automation of build promotions and software releases.
For consideration please email #removed# Requirements
oMinimum 4 years experience working as a systems engineer or related position.
oExperience with server operating systems such as Windows Server 20XX, HP-UX, LINUX
oExperience with server software programs such as Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server, SharePoint Server, IIS, Apache, Tomcat, and some exposure to Enterprise RDBMS (Progress/Oracle) and other server software.
oExperience with network and system security solutions.
oExperience in software development methodologies and structured approaches to system development
oTwo to three years experience in high-level network design and security.
oTwo to three years prior experience deploying and supporting Windows servers and workstations.
oTwo to three years prior experience with hardware installations.
•Specific Licenses and/or Certifications:
oSolid knowledge of C, C++,Perl/PHP, HTML, XML and Java programming languages and different operating systems
oFunctional knowledge of backup systems including exposure to NAS/SAN based backup models
oProficiency with relational database analysis, design, and development.
oExceptional analytical, organizational and problem solving abilities.
oExcellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users.
oAbility to work independently or as a team with individuals at varying levels within the organization.
oAbility to multi-task within or across projects with minimal direction.
oAbility to excel under time constraints and in high pressure situations and manage time effectively.
For consideration please email #removed#
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people - it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
- provided by Dice