Relocation assistance available for out of state candidates looking to relocate to the Rochester, NY area!
Exciting new opportunity to join a leading plastics injection molding manufacturer that services the medical device, transportation, and industrial industries! Our client is an essential business and is seeking multiple Tool Engineer's to join their team! This position comes with a full suite of benefits including 401k matching program, tuition assistance programs, Wellness programs and more! Relocation assistance is provided. Job Summary:
The Tool Engineer is responsible for cost, quality, and delivery of managing/engineering the design, build and development of tooling related to the injection molding process. This position will interact with customers, manufacturing plants, internal shop, and suppliers. Job Responsibilities:
- Part of a cross functional product development team with responsibility of being technical lead for tooling.
- Decide on tool design concept, with tool designers, and lead Design Review meetings with cross-functional teams to engineer a tool to meet customer and plant requirements.
- Debug and groom tools to meet quality and manufacturing standards.
- Track and monitor the entire tool performance for cost, quality, and delivery against quoted assumptions.
- Provide general technical assistance to the Tool Room personnel as required.
- Liaison between internal departments including, but not limited to, Quality, Molding, Project Engineering, Tool Room, Shipping, and Scheduling.
- Responsible for continuous improvement tool related issues on respective program families.
- Coordinates both corrective action and continuous improvement activities
- Supports day to day activities as needed on the production floor
- Must be able to use CAD to review tool designs, SolidWorks is preferable.
- Able to travel up to 25% domestic with some international travel each year.
- Minimum of five (5) years' engineering experience in injection molding plastics industry.
- Microsoft Office experience.
- Excellent troubleshooting, decision making skills, problem solving skills and analytical skills.
- Bachelor's Degree (Engineering Bachelor's Degree preferred) or equivalent work experience. Associate's Degree, required.
- Mold Building experience preferred.
- Prior assembly automation experience.
Apply Today! Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.