Our family-owned and operated company provides services to the North American transportation industry. For over 30 years, we have become a full-service provider of transit repair solutions. Our line of transit services includes rebuilds, repowering, retrofits, CNG conversions and re-tanking, body work, painting, collision repair, and fire repair.
We are seeking an experienced Drafting Supervisor to join our team! They will report to the Vice President and plan, assign, and review the drafting and design teams' work. The ideal candidate will have expertise in drafting methods and tools and the ability to provide CAD technical support in developing solutions for all applications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create CAD drawings of components, subassemblies, and assemblies using fabricated parts for design.
- Utilize SolidWorks to develop CAD model drawings.
- Reverse engineer small structures and weldments.
- Adhere to document control and filing procedures.
- Conduct inspections for engineered parts and assemblies.
- Create sketches of 2'-8' structures and weldments.
- Identify structural steel sizes.
- Utilize CAD to create 2D and 3D drawings or electrical schematics.
- Develop customer manuals using MS Word, Excel, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Reader, and Adobe InDesign.
- Develop drawings from fabricated parts or sketches.
- Create electrical schematics.
- Verify parts and component samples from vendors.
- 5+ years of drafting experience as a Supervisor.
- 3+ years of experience as a CAD Drafter/Designer for a manufacturing company.
- Certifications in SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Excellent line drawing and Photoshop skills.
- Possess or willing to obtain a commercial driver's license.
- Strong work ethic and detail-oriented.
Powered by JazzHR