The Educate Group are actively seeking inspirational and enthusiastic secondary teaching assistants for day to day, short term and long term roles with numerous schools across Chester. Recent and relevant experience of working with children and young people is preferred alongside excellent literacy and numeracy skills. The Educate Group are however able to offer free training to suitable applicants who lack this experience but who demonstrate the drive and ambition to succeed in a career in education. These roles would particularly suit someone who is considering a future career in Teaching.
Who are the Educate Group?
We are a team of teachers; we have walked in your shoes and worked in your world…
As a team, we have over 65 years combined teaching and senior leadership experience and taught across all education sectors. We use our understanding of the education system to help provide you with day-to-day, short and long-term opportunities in schools across the whole of North Wales, Cheshire and Shropshire.
We have trained thousands of PGCE students who gained their Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and provide the necessary training and support to help aid the time you lost in the classroom through Covid-19.
You will often find us alongside our supply staff in schools and will provide you with experience, empathy and a platform to showcase your strengths in the hope of gaining permanent employment.
Who better to support you in your career?
What will I be expected to do?
Your role will involve supporting pupils either one-to-one or as part of a small group, to help ensure they get the most out of their education. You will be involved in setting up equipment, preparing materials for lessons and the recording of their achievement and progress. You will be also be expected to support and assist the class teacher in the promoting of positive behaviour and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own actions.
What qualifications do I need?
No relevant qualifications, but a good standard of maths and English is necessary. However, a relevant NVQ/CACHE/BTEC, Higher Level Teaching Assistant or undergraduate degree would be beneficial.
What skills or qualities do I need?
The schools we work with are looking for someone who is committed, compassionate and capable of working collaboratively as a team. You will be capable of building nurturing relationships with pupils and have a real empathy for supporting children with a range of support requirements and needs.
What experience do I need?
No experience is necessary; however, it would be beneficial if you have referable child based experience through anyone of the following:
- Cubs, Brownies, Girl Guides etc.
- Teaching Assistant, HLTA, Mentor, Tutor, Sports Coach etc.
- Volunteering as part of university study or college course
- Youth and/or community work
- Pupil Referral Units (PRU's)
What registrations do I need to hold?
- An Enhanced DBS on the Update Service, but if you don't have one, you will have to apply for a new one through Educate
- If you wish to work in Wales, you will need to register with the EWC (Education Workforce Council)
What will the Educate Group provide me with?
- Free training from our own team of experienced teaching staff
- Mentoring and support from our own team of dedicated teachers and senior leaders
- Choice of day-to-day, short and long-term roles
- Opportunities to move into permanent roles with no 'temp to perm' restrictions
- Free social events as a way of saying 'Thank You'
- 24 hours on-call helpline