MidPen is building the future of affordable housing. Combining beautifully designed communities with life-transforming services for our residents, we’re on a mission to help our partners, residents, and employees see what’s possible. We believe community is the key to a healthy and successful collective future, and we are changing the world from our own backyard!
Our Family Services Coordinator will provide support services to both our youth and working - age adult residents, by providing educational resources, programs, and tools to help empower residents to accomplish their goals and enrich their lives. You will be instrumental in helping drive a sense of community within the property, and help assist in areas including education, health and wellness, and asset building.
Your day to day:
· Implement Family Services goals and objectives.
· Directly implement our After School Program by providing classroom management and structured academic support, via homework assistance and enrichment activities to the youth.
· Cultivate strong relationships and partnerships with local community agencies and organizations that align with the community’s needs.
· Provide crisis intervention and follow-up in high-risk situations, and implement mandated reporting policies and procedures for youth and adults.
· Maintain accurate records and files, including data entry and tracking all service activities on a regular and consistent basis.
· Promote and publicize Family Services initiatives to residents and within the community.
What you bring:
· A passion and desire to support our residents and our communities.
· 1+ year of experience working with families, adults, and youths in either an educational or social setting. Educators, social service providers or coaches - we’re thinking you!
· Excellent reading, writing, and verbal communications.
· Solid judgment, discretion, and problem solving skills when working with families and students.
· Knowledge of working with diverse populations from similar environments and experience collaborating with local service providers on implementing programs to support them.
· Bachelor Degree in Education or a related field is a plus!
Life at MidPen:
When you join MidPen, you join a team of passionate, committed individuals. Whether you work at our corporate office or onsite at one of our communities, MidPen employees help transform lives from day one while enjoying the following benefits and perks:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive vacation, sick, and personal holiday accruals
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Great work-life balance, including a wellness platform and program
- In-house trainings and external classes supporting professional development
- Company outings and team-building activities
- Creative collaboration in a fast-changing and crucially important industry
- Financial counseling and generous discretionary retirement contributions
We want you to be part of #TeamMidPen. Find more than a job. Find a community. Apply today!
At MidPen, we seek those with good hearts and great minds - those who share our dream of providing affordable housing to all. We are guided by five core values that shape our interactions with our partners, residents, and each other:
We provide accurate, timely information, manage our company resources responsibly, and conduct all aspects of our business honestly and fairly.
We work as a team that seeks out and honors diverse opinions, ideas, and skill sets in order to achieve common goals. We understand that individual success is linked with our collective success.
We follow through on the commitments we make to one another, our partners, our residents and our communities. We deliver specific, defined results and take responsibility for the consequences of our actions or inactions.
We treat our employees, residents, vendors, partners, investors, and the community in which we work with dignity. We welcome social and intellectual diversity and we recognize and value the unique contributions made by our diverse stakeholders.
We set and strive to meet a high standard for quality, professionalism and competence. We create a work environment that inspires extraordinary work, recognizes results, and gives everyone a chance to make a difference and share in the organization’s success.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer
MidPen Housing is a non-profit organization that develops high-quality affordable housing communities, professionally manages the properties in those communities, and provides services to residents. The three affiliated corporations are MidPen Housing, MidPen Property Management Corporation and MidPen Resident Services Corporation.
To provide safe, affordable housing of high quality to those in need; to establish stability and opportunity in the lives of residents; and to foster diverse communities that allow people from all ethnic, social and economic backgrounds to live in dignity, harmony and mutual respect.
We have established a list of core values which guide our work and culture: how we treat one another, our residents and our partners. We believe that upholding these values will help MidPen achieve operational excellence and will create an environment where employees feel valued and inspired to their best work. Our values are Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Excellence (ICARE).
Role: Family Services Coordinator - Station Center I/II
Location: Union City,
Apply for this job now.