Inspector (Full Time, Non-Exempt)
Responsible for examining and inspecting materials and parts to discover defects, wear, and tear.
- Inspect purchased parts, assemblies, accessories, and materials for conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments and devices.
- Compares quantity and part number of items received with procurement data and other specifications to ensure completeness and accuracy of order.
- Inspects and measures items for dimensional accuracy, fit, alignment, and functional operation, according to blueprints, parts manuals, company standards, and other specifications, using precision measuring instruments and devices.
- Tests hardness of metals, using testing equipment.
- Prepares inspection procedures outlines for reference used in subsequent inspections, using date obtained from blueprints, customer specifications, and catalogs.
- Examines items for defects in materials, work, and damage occurring in transit.
- Approves or rejects items, and records inspection and disposition information.
- Reports questionable conditions to the quality assurance department.
- Performs shipping and receiving duties
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Assists Shipping Manager as needed.
- Operates forklift as needed for unloading of trucks.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related assigned tasks as needed.
- High School Diploma of GED equivalent and Valid Driver's License
- Knowledge of Shipping/Receiving Process and Bill of Landings
- 2+ years manufacturing related experience in receiving inspection
- Forklift experience preferred
- Organized problem solving, interpersonal, strong verbal communication, computer skills, and fortkit
Physical Activities and Requirements
- Ability to communicate, verbal and written, effectively.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus with 20/20 vision (with or without the assistance of eye glasses/contacts)
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds (unassisted) as well as stand, sit, bend, kneel, squat, and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers and common fractions.
Location: Wichita, KS
Syndeo is a Kansas-based, regional leader and an independently owned human resources company. The Syndeo family of companies is made up of Syndeo Outsourcing, a full-service human resources outsourcing (HRO) provider, Syndeo Payroll Solutions, a full-service payroll services provider, and Syndeo Staffing a full-service recruiting and staffing services provider.
Apply for this job now.