TITLE: Stress Piping Engineer
LOCATION: Doha, Qatar
DURATION: 3 Months - Possible Extension
Qualification: Bachelor Degree (BE / BTech / BS) in Mechanical Engineering
Post-qualification Experience: Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in Piping Detailed engineering activities for Oil & Gas (Onshore / Offshore) installations with specific experience in Stress Analysis using CAESAR-II.
The requirement is to provide design and detailed engineering expertise related to Stress analysis of Process Piping associated with modification and restoration of existing facilities ranging from minor field works to small & medium sized capital projects in Petroleum and Natural gas related industries.
It is a mandatory requirement to have sound experience in the work environment as mentioned above and must have the following skills / experience:
1) Conversant with ASME B31 Code for Pressure Piping and other standards referred therein, ASME / API Standards, NACE and other international codes & standards.
2) Piping Stress Analysis software (using CAESAR-II) Static and Dynamic modules.
3) Preparation of Stress reports including stress sketches.
4) Perform Pipe wall thickness, Flange leakage and WRC calculations.
5) Pipe support Engineering.
6) Preparation of technical specifications / data sheets for springs and expansion joints, vessel clip sheets and Technical bid evaluation.
7) Troubleshooting of stress related problems in existing lines including Site survey.
8) Manual flexibility checks and expansion loop studies.
9) Work in close coordination with the Layout group in Equipment layouts and Piping layouts.
10) Design reviews of Piping drawings / documents / calculations submitted by Vendors / contractors.
11) Good written & oral communication skills of English language as necessary for performing the above tasks, for technical reporting and Coordination with client.
Experience in the following areas will be added advantage:
- In-depth knowledge of Piping materials & relevant specifications.
- Exposure to preparation of Material Requisitions, data sheets for valves / other piping items, Technical bid evaluation of vendor offers, etc.
- Hands-on experience in Piping design / checking activities.