Alvarado produces products that control entry for security and entertainment applications. Our products are used worldwide, and we count among our customers thousands of corporate, government and entertainment facilities.
We're looking for a highly motivated mechanical engineer to join our product development and engineering team. Our engineers wear many hats and you will be responsible for performing a wide variety of assignments including concept generation, product design, customization of existing products, sustaining existing products, fixture design and product analysis, failure analysis and testing.
- Experience designing complicated parts, mechanisms and assemblies from prototyping through production using SolidWorks
- Significant experience in the areas of motor drive systems and motion control (brushless DC motors, gears, shafts, belts, pulleys, etc.)
- A knowledge of plastic injection/compression molding, sheet metal design, material fabrication and finishing
- Tolerance stack up analysis, GD&T and FEA
- Metal machining basics (cutter and fixture design), designing with metals and polymers
- Ability to conduct failure analysis
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience
- A portfolio or presentation of prior work and experience
- Expertise in SolidWorks 2017 and Simulation
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to clearly communicate design ideas ; ability to lead brainstorming sessions
- Flexibility to work in an agile development environment with electrical and software engineers
- Positive and accountable attitude; ability to accept constructive feedback and ideas of others
- Ability to multi-task; unafraid of milestones and deadlines; attention to quality detail and budget constraints
- US citizen or permanent resident; sponsorship is not available.
We offer a competitive salary with a stable work environment. Medical and dental insurance; 401(k) with employer match; vacation and sick leave; life and disability insurance.
Please provide a resume and cover letter that highlights your talents and experience. Thank you!
Alvarado produces products and solutions that protect assets and control the flow of people. Examples of the type of products we sell can be found at our website, #removed# In business since 1956, we've grown from a small garage fabrication shop to a world-wide supplier of pedestrian entry control products and related equipment.
Role: Mechanical Product Engineer (local candidates please)
Apply for this job now.