Our client is looking for an Optical Operator to work on the shop floor within their Optical polishing team carrying out general duties, goods in and stock, quality checking. The department is responsible for the polishing of high grade optical instruments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To carry out the inspection, heat treatment, polishing, lapping, nickel and gold plating of optical mirrors;
- To make up job trays with the correct equipment for the Polishing team;
- To carry out cleaning and trueing of tools;
- To keep the working area tidy and clean of debris;
- In line with company procedures and protocols;
- Carry out ad-hoc tasks as requested by the Production Manager.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring that all responsibilities are met in accordance with company procedures and the Staff Handbook
- Understanding the need for confidentiality when dealing with both internal and external information
- Flexibility to travel to all Company sites within UK
- Flexibility to work outside or in excess of standard hours when necessary to achieve objectives required
- Sound knowledge of the company's service offering specific to role