Solicitor, Barrister, Council
Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside Hammersmith & Fulham Council as a Solicitor on a long term contract basis.
To contribute to the efficient and cost-effective delivery of legal services within a culture of customer focus, continuous improvement, service excellence and employee development. In particular to provide high level, expert professional/technical advice and guidance in employment matters to colleagues, managers, and partner agencies to contribute to delivery of the council's objectives and priorities.
Lead by example in modelling and embedding the council's values and behaviours, working collaboratively with colleagues, partners and other stakeholders to help build a sustainable highly effective organisation and develop our reputation as a successful council delivering great value for its residents.
- Qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Fellow of CILEX entitled to practice in England and Wales.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own work load and to work on own initiative as necessary
- Experience of advocacy in Tribunal
- Broad knowledge of local government law or equivalent knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience of Employment legislation.
- Experience of drafting legal documents
- Ability to effectively communicate complex legal issues to Members and officers and to provide cogent legal advice accordingly.
- Ability to work constructively with Council Members to a high degree of political sensitivity.
- Desirable to have experience of working within Local Government
If this is a role you wish to apply for then please send your CV below and contact Thomas Humphreys at Spencer Clarke Group.