Company: FISHER INDUSTRIES
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Fisher Industries is a family of businesses that encompass all aspects of the aggregate production and heavy civil construction industries. Our unique, vertically-integrated business model allows us to handle small projects, large scale operations, and every tough job in between. Our goal is to provide reliable products and sustainable solutions for innovative global infrastructure. For additional information about our company, visit our website at #removed#
The General Laborer is a safety sensitive position responsible for general laborer duties at the operation and perform tasks involving physical labor for construction projects. The job duties of a general laborer vary. They may include cleaning and preparing a jobsite, loading and delivering materials, and using a variety of tools and machines such as blowtorches, forklifts, levels, lifts, power drills, grinders, saws, pressure washers, and water spraying equipment.
Project is based out of our Placitas, New Mexico operations.
- Assists with all phases of construction including, but not limited to: loading, driving, delivery, digging, removal and placement of various types, sizes and weight of construction materials and equipment
- Work as a part of a crew focused on safety to clear and prepare sites
- Assist as required in all manual labor aspects of the project as directed by supervisor
- Knowledge and ability to operate construction equipment
- Handles physically demanding construction duties
- Assist team members in placing construction materials, manual labor, and shovel work
- Ability to load and unload equipment (backhoe, steel plates, excavators, loaders, etc.)
- Safety, Safety, Safety comply with all company policies, procedures, and standards of safety
- Other duties as assigned and assist other craft workers
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old
- M.S.H.A. certificate part 46 or 48 or willingness to obtain certification - company will pay for certification
- Applicant must be able to pass Government Background Check for job site access
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test and physical is required
- Ability to complete work tasks under various adverse weather conditions including heat in excess of 100 degrees, cold, rain, and snow
- Ability to operate equipment in adverse weather conditions and on steep and rough terrains is required
- Ability to repeatedly walk up and down steep and rough terrain carrying construction materials
- Punctuality is required
- Basic knowledge of welding and using a cutting torch is required
- Must be a team player who is willing and able to learn
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Extended out of town travel will be required
Fisher Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and an Equal Opportunity Employer of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
Pre-employment physical and drug testing are required.
If you require an accommodation to submit an application, please email #removed# to request an accommodation. This email is only to request an accommodation to the application process and is not an email to inquire about the status of your application.Job Posted by ApplicantPro