Health Protection Practitioner
Vacancy Ref: 7004350
Venn Group are currently recruiting for a Health Protection Practitioner on behalf of a Local Authority in the South West.
The successful candidate will be responsible for preventative, outbreak and incident management as part of the council's COVID-19 response team to ensure outbreaks and incidents are responded to effectively and in line with the Local Outbreak Management Plan.
Location: South West (remote)
Duration: 5 months
Rate: £350/day umbrella
IR35 status: Inside IR35
- Coordinating the day to day COVID-19 health protection response to effectively manage and prevent further outbreaks at a local level
- Managing and carrying out functions to support local incident management and contact tracing response in compliance with local procedures
- Contributing to development and design of effective surveillance systems for local outbreaks and interpreting data to inform and influence local response strategies
- Leading projects such as COVID-19 outbreak management, impact on winter preparedness and other wider environmental hazards
- Degree-level education and possession of a post-graduate diploma in a relevant public health discipline
- Up-to-date knowledge of effective health improvement and health protection strategies including pandemic responses
- Knowledge and experience of needs assessments and service reviews and the monitoring and evaluation of health improvement and health protection outcomes
- Experience in programme management, prioritisation and planning complex working to plans and adapting such plans as necessary, performance management and risk management
To apply for this position, please contact Matt Beynon on 0117 930 8760 and email your updated CV to #removed#
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.