You already ♥LOVE♥ us
Shearer's is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer's brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at #removed# .
At Shearer's, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Your seat at the table
The Production Supervisor position is responsible for leading employees in a manufacturing environment, including accountability for the achievement of all safety, quality, customer service, productivity, throughput, cost and continuous improvement objectives through both individual and team contributions. Production Supervisor is accountable for providing clear direction, leadership, and support to direct reports through empowerment, teamwork, coaching, and on-the-job assignments. This is being done as the organization transforms into a Continuous Improvement and Lean environment.
- Directs employees and plant floor activities to achieve a consistent and high-quality product
- Ensures that behaviors, practices and the work environment support a safe workplace by enforcing safety and sanitation rules and principles
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Company regulatory requirements
- Maintains positive employee relations, including participating in evaluation and training of hourly personnel
- Tracks employees' work performance and attendance to ensure performance metrics are met, including resolving issues in a timely manner
- Utilizes metrics/data to evaluate and improve work processes, as well as maintain line related system and regulatory documentation
- Collaborate with other supervisors and cross-functional teams to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments
- Plans and establishes work schedules
What you bring to the table
- 4 year degree in a related, business or technical field such as food science, operations management, or engineering
- 2-5 years of experience in a production management or supervision role, preferably in the food processing industry
- In some cases, education and experience may be substituted for the degree.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
To all recruitment agencies: Shearer's Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer's is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.