West Houston Medical Center is currently looking for a Vice President (VP) - Quality.
- In collaboration with Administrative Staff and the Medical Staff, implements programs and standards in delegated areas to include:
- Performance Improvement Program--Hospital-wide Performance Improvement and Clinical Risk Management Program.
- Infection Control Department.
- Analyzes all assigned areas for opportunities for improvement and makes applicable recommendations for process, system, procedure, and operational changes to improve healthcare value and quality, i.e., Core Measures, Hospital-Acquired Conditions, Hospital-Acquired Infections, Infection Prevention Practices, etc…
- Serves as a technical advisor, educator, and internal consultant to all hospital management, staff, and physicians on the use of performance improvement tools and techniques, analytical techniques and statistical applications.
- Provides direction to management staff responsible for identified areas to ensure that all required elements of standard compliance pertaining to regulatory and voluntary agencies are consistently maintained.
- In collaboration with administrative staff, department directors, and medical staff practitioners, formulates a comprehensive program for ongoing monitoring and assessment of patient care services for identified department functions.
- Establishes monitoring and assessment criteria for clinical services in collaboration with medical staff practitioners and department directors for ongoing assessment of patient care services.
- Establishes mechanisms for reporting of monitoring and assessment data for the purpose of identifying problems and opportunities to improve patient care services, determining strategies to solve problems or improve services, implementing appropriate actions, and evaluating effectiveness of these actions.
- Assists in constructing focused assessment studies when problems are identified or opportunities to improve patient care services arise.
- Consults with department directors and representatives of the medical staff to ensure that monitoring and assessment or focused studies are being completed in a timely manner.
- Coordinates individual departmental activities for reporting to appropriate committees at designated time intervals.
- Maintains centralized records of performance improvement activities to ensure ready access for review and follow-up.
- Establishes and maintains current operational standards relevant to the operation of the performance improvement program with dissemination of these standards to directors for implementation.
- Provides summarized reports of performance improvement activities to the Board, hospital administration, medical staff, and appropriate committees on a regular basis.
- Works with Medical Staff Manager/Coordinator in maintaining quality files for physicians and allied health staff.
- Applies clinical knowledge and skills in the assessment of activities related to quality management and to the provision of infection control services.
- Ensures the provision of staff education programs which meet the assessed needs based on competency assessments, results of quality management and infection control activities & issues, and results of consumer satisfaction surveys.
- In collaboration with the Chief Medical Officer, develops departmental budgets and ensures compliance with approved budgets.
- Serves as a JCAHO Champion and is responsible for hospital-wide JCAHO training and compliance.
- Manages project flow and alignment to assure milestones and key performance indicates are met within defined parameters. Documents the results of projects, and submits other documentation, as needed.
- Achieves advancing Leap Frog safety scores.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or Business Adminsitration preferred.
- 5 years of clinical experience
- 2 years of quality experience in an acute hospital setting
- CPHQ, lean processing, project management, or Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Current knowledge of regulations and standards as related to JCAHO, CMS, AHCA, Department of Health, and Leap Frog.
West Houston Medical Center offers outstanding inpatient and outpatient healthcare services close to your home in west Houston. Built in 1985, our 278-bed acute care hospital is located on Richmond Avenue just east of Dairy Ashford. West Houston Medical Center boasts a team of more than 1,000 people, including 500 physicians, who are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Our staff includes people from 33 countries and 39 states, a diversity which helps us relate to our equally diverse community.
HCA Gulf Coast, the largest health care system in Houston, is a network of 18 hospitals across Houston and South Texas. When you join our family of nurses, the opportunities available to you are endless.
Role: Vice President (VP) - Quality
Apply for this job now.