Seven Social Care are looking for a temporary Occupational Therapist to work with Wiltshire Councils Reablement Team. This position is initially for a 3 month period and is paying £35.00 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
To undertake occupational therapy assessments with customers. To plan for the provision of support and/ or services with customers in order to assist them meet their outcomes and to live as independently as possible fulfilling their individual potential.
To support carers to continue in their role.
To provide professional supervision and support to Occupational Therapists and Customer Coordinators, working within the same locality/ environment.
- Manage a busy caseload including complex and challenging cases; provide support and guidance for the management of complex and challenging cases. Be able to prioritise work according to individual customer and service needs.
- Undertake strengths based occupational therapy assessments working with customers with complex occupational needs and contentious situations (including assessment of mental capacity where appropriate); using your professional judgement to adapt your approach to the individual needs of the customer.
- Design and implement innovative reablement plans for people living in complex situations to enable customers to meet their goals and reduce need for ongoing support and minimise demand for long term care. This will include liaison and negotiation with family members and support staff on options to encourage independence and safe practice.
- Demonstrate competence in complex risk assessment and positive risk taking. Work with customers to manage risk and record actions and strategies agreed. Support other team members with management of risk.
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.