Company: CARR LANE MANUFACTURING
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Carr Lane Manufacturing has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Quality Lead to work at a nationally recognized manufacturer located in Austin, TX. This position is responsible for the development, direction and implementation of the Quality Management System to ensure compliance to ISO 9001 in our Austin Texas facility. Additionally, this role will establish and implement procedures for inspecting and testing of raw materials, in-process and finished goods. Along with purchased products and subcontracted outside processing.
Carr Lane Manufacturing provides a large selection of tooling components, clamps, fixturing and related workholding products for all areas of manufacturing. Based in St. Louis, Missouri USA, we make tooling items for virtually every industry around the globe. Carr Lane Manufacturing delivers consistently high-quality products and is certified to ISO #removed#.
- Maintains Quality Management policies and procedures as needed to meet ISO 9001 requirements
- Ensures that the QMS processes are established, documented, implemented, and maintained.
- Participate in the establishment and implementation of quality specifications, testing procedures and standards for raw material, outside processing, purchased, in-process and finished items for compliance to customer requirements, company specifications and procedures, and/or government regulation.
- Read and interpret prints, routings and/or work orders.
- Prepare Material Rejection Reports in accordance with departmental procedure. Be capable of explaining conditions leading to rejection to the operator, team leads and/or company management.
- Inspect and/or test items in accordance with work orders, prints, specifications and/or quality plans according to standard departmental procedures and work instructions, recording results of same. Provide feedback to operators on inspection results.
- Assist new employees in the application of inspection and sampling techniques and process control procedures to ensure production of items meeting quality standards and specifications.
- Conduct research on product defects and customer complaints under the direction of the Quality Manager.
- Responsible for reporting QMS performance to leadership.
- Manage the corrective and preventive action process
- Identifies, plans, and implements improvement needs and effectively communicates these with leadership.
- Promotes awareness of customer quality requirements.
- Maintains documentation of compliance activities, such as customer/employee complaints received and investigation resolutions.
- Aids internal and external auditors during compliance reviews.
- 3+ years of experience in quality control
- Advanced computer database and Microsoft Office software skills
- 2+ years of supervisory experience preferred
- ISO 9001 lead auditor experience preferred
Carr Lane Manufacturing provides a full range of benefits and a great working environment including:
- 100% Employer paid health premiums for the employee (Tobacco users must first complete a smoking cessation program, paid by Carr Lane Manufacturing, to receive 100% paid Single coverage health premium.)
- Voluntary Vision and Dental
- Employer paid life insurance premiums
- 401k & Profit Sharing
- Paid holidays, birthday off, PTO
Pre-employment drug/alcohol screening required.
Carr Lane is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.