The purpose of the chemist is to provide innovative product development and technical support for our industrial cleaning chemical products and programs. The chemist will utilize scientific methodology and collaboration with peers, vendors, and academia for leading the company’s commitment to develop the next generation of less hazardous industrial cleaning products.
Essential Job Functions:
- Make recommendations for formulation improvements to promote improved safety, sustainability and environmentally superior products.
- Assemble chemicals and materials into laboratory batches and test formulas for efficacy/performance.
- Maintain employee safety standards including 6S lab standards.
- Meet with suppliers and technical experts for product information, collecting newest developments and formulating appropriate applications.
- Develop, conduct, and manage QA/QC of all finished products.
- Troubleshoot formula issues related to manufacturing/compounding.
- Comply and proactively adhere to all governmental regulations/requirements including GHS and SDS requirements, annual environmental reporting.
- Modify, substitute, and reformulate materials to meet highest level of customer expectations, and quality while maintaining lowest formulation costs.
- Recommend solutions for continuous improvement of operations and institute new blending techniques as needed for new products.
- Provide expertise for product rollouts and monitor field evaluations to insure market acceptance.
- Record and maintain accurate records on product formulations and experimental results.
- Coordinate laboratory analysis of samples from the field for application testing of both commercialized and experimental product blends.
- Provide technical support to the Sales Team .
- Maintain professional expertise through individual study, continuing education and professional development.
- Communicate progress, problems and needs with management, vendors, and sales personnel.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- B.S./M.S. degree in Chemistry.
- Experience working in an R&D or laboratory environment, preferably formulation experiences.
- A positive and energetic scientific approach with a strong aptitude for creative problem solving.
- Experience with laboratory practices/methods and scientific terminology.
- Mechanical aptitude to work with test equipment and cleaning systems.
- Strong attention to detail & interpersonal skills to contribute to a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Role: Formulation Chemist
Location: Spring Valley,
Apply for this job now.