COMPANY: SELLICK PARTNERSHIP LIMITED
JOB TYPE: Permanent
SALARY: £22000 - £24000 per annum
Sellick Partnership are currently assisting in the recruitment of an Assistant Accountant to join an independent firm of consultants who offer specialist professional services to a wide range of clients.
Responsible for a the daily supervisin of team activities to ensure targets and timings are met throughout the month and at month-end. The team reconciles a number of Balance Sheet accounts including bank accounts, staff loan accounts, fees ledger accounts and payroll related accounts and you will be expected to assist in the monthly review of these reconciliations to ensure accuracy. You will approve journals regularly, checking for accuracy and also deal with ad-hoc queries across a range of finance tasks such as fixed asset accounting, priority payments and sundry journals.
Reporting to the Bookkeeping Team Leader you will supervise and motivate the Bookkeeping Team on day to day tasks and staff matters, working closely with the team and interacting proactively with other parts of finance.
Direct management of 4 team members, including appraisals and 121's
Perform regular review of balance sheet reconciliations for the firm's UKMEA, US, Australasia & European region's accounts.
Support and help co-ordinate the team activities which include:
* making foreign payments and payments direct from our bank accounts via HSBCnet e.g. CHAPS, standing orders, drafts, TTs etc; maintain and enter cash received records; write-back BACS or cheques as necessary; complete BACS traces and issue or stop cheques
* the production of Flexible Benefit account reconciliations
* the annual PSA process for HMRC
* fixed asset set up including additions, transfers, disposals and depreciation
* Inter-company invoicing, netting and associated reconciliations
* TMS (Treasury Management System) reconciliation and daily uploads
* Supervisory and people management capability
* General ledger reconciliation and account management experience
* Transactional processing experience e.g. journal entries, payment processing
* Knowledge and experience of using Oracle, JDE or other ERP Systems
* Experience using Microsoft excel
* Awareness or experience of working in a Finance Shared Service Centre
* Excellent attention to detail and good organisational skills.
* Strong customer service focus and good communications skills
* Commitment to continuous improvement
If this above position is of interest please apply, or contact Wayne Jackson at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.