Senior Quantity Surveyor - Decent Homes
Location: Wolverhampton / WFH
Hours: Mon - Fri 8:00am - 17:00pm
Salary: Up to £62,000 per annum + benefits
I am currently looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a large social housing decent homes contract in Wolverhampton.
The candidate will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Pricing Jobs
- Develop and encourage project team performance encouraging and ensuring that Wates' main contractual obligations and or strategies are executed and regularly reviewed
- Complete and submit monthly CVR and progress reports
- Demonstrate understanding of internal and external tender strategies / build up
- Agree external valuations / cash flow to maximise project value
- Work with the Commercial Manager to agree and produce main and subcontract final accounts
- Ensure all Wates subcontract management / process obligations are complete with particular reference to Procurement, Measurement and valuation, Contractual instructions / notices / orders as well as Health and Safety
- Social Housing experience
- Ideally experience working on New Build projects
- Must have relevant commercial skills and experience including the ability to maximise value recovery, cost control and cash management as well as effectively use / understand financial reports and final accounts.
- Confident communicator, able to demonstrate the ability to form and develop relationships with the client, PQS, design team and supply chain.