The primary responsibilities of this position are:
- Prepare estimates and bids/proposals; bid & spec, change orders, negotiated and owner-direct, in order to achieve specific goals per the Sales and Marketing Program.
- Engineer BAS/DDC systems.
- Oversee the preparation of submittals to include review and approval.
- Oversee the preparation of bills of material to include review and approval.
- Supervise and mentor an entry-level application engineer.
- Daily interaction with field personnel, contractors, consultants, etc.
- Perform energy audits for building automation and energy conservation retrofit projects.
- Oversee the preparation of Operation & Maintenance Manuals; evaluate field revisions and incorporate into estimating and engineering practices.
Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Interact daily/weekly with the salesman.
- Participate in on-site pre-bid and pre-construction meetings.
- Participate in on-site construction progress meetings as needed.
- Participate in “project turn-over” meetings with Senior Control Technicians.
- Participate in project close-out/review meetings.
- Assist the Service Manager with the preparation of BAS/DDC retrofit and upgrade estimates.
- Participate in sales presentations as a technical resource as needed, to include presentations to facility owners and operators, consulting engineers and contractors.
Candidates must have strong written and oral communication skills, a cooperative/team oriented approach to their work and also must be deadline driven.
Benefits include; health insurance with dependent coverage and HSA, 401(k) with Company match, profit sharing, 7 paid holidays, up to 3 weeks paid vacation, 3 sick days and continuing education.
J & H Controls, Inc. is a building automation system and systems integration contractor providing engineering, installation and service/support of direct digital control systems throughout the state of Wisconsin. We have been an Authorized American Auto-Matrix Solutions Integrator (SI) since 1984, member of the American Auto-Matrix A-Team, and also a Certified Vykon by Tridium Solution Integrator.
We are currently celebrating our 40th year in business.
We work with facility operators, consulting engineers and contractors to provide innovative, value-based building automation, HVAC control, lighting control and power metering systems tailored to meet the unique needs of our customers.
Beyond the initial sale and project, we provide service/support on a 24/7/365 basis.
Role: Application Engineer/Estimator - BAS/DDC Systems
Location: Fond du Lac,
Apply for this job now.