Our client is a non-asset-based logistics provider and headquartered in Cincinnati, OH. Our is driven to meet the service needs of their customers and are passionate about their success. Their vast carrier network enables them to deliver customers' products on time and provide seamless communication from shipper to receiver. They do it right the first time and every time. Their experienced and knowledgeable sales and operations team members have a vested interest in the success of all their customers. They are a company that sets high expectations of their team members and rewards them for achieving their goals.Carrier Development Manager:
The Carrier Development Manager maximizes business results through the planning, execution and growth of the Company's Carrier Development program. This role works closely with internal operations, sales and support teams, in strategic planning of existing and new carrier platforms for long term business opportunities. The Carrier Development Manager also assists in managing relationships with a large carrier base to provide effective solutions for revenue growth, retention and customer satisfaction in order to achieve goals and objectives.Responsibilities:
- Develop, build and strengthen carrier network through existing and new carrier relationships, while coaching and leading a team to do the same, both transactional and strategically.
- Provide direct and indirect reports with coaching, development, tools, resources, information and overall support to meet individual and company goals.
- Develop and support operations for expanded revenue opportunities via the expansion of committed carrier base.
- Implement system to increase and sustain carrier reutilization and expansion of carrier network.
- Collaborate with the management team to identify, define and implement carrier support.
- Direct and frequent contact with internal/external stakeholders to understand the current state of service.
- Establish and manage carrier performance tracking and regularly review process improvements.
- Provide ongoing analysis in areas such as pricing/negotiating of large contract bids, and strategic areas/lanes of interest.
- Monitor industry standards, trends or practices to identify developments in logistics planning or execution.
- Assist and actively participate with training, education and standardization of carrier program and processes.
- Other duties as required and assigned.
- Education: 4-year Degree preferred.
- 3-5+ years industry specific experience with Logistics/Carrier Procurement preferred.
- Driven, enthusiastic, highly motivated, and results focused.
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including persuasion and negotiation.
- Commitment to executional excellence and outstanding customer service.
- Strong time management skills to balance new customer hunting while supporting existing accounts.
- Ability to work independently, and in a team, in a deadline-driven office environment.
This position offers a Competitive Base Salary + Annual Bonus Program.
Role: Carrier Development Manager
Location: Fort Thomas,
Apply for this job now.