Senior Project Manager (Hardware/Software/Production)
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the management of all aspects of the allocated projects and will be supported by the Control Systems Team Leads, Engineering Manager and/or Chief Engineer in the respective projects. The projects are likely to be associated with the design, development, implementation and validation of a Platform Management System.
This role is responsible for managing project delivery as well as developing strategy, plans and business cases, in conjunction with the engineering team. The Senior Project will manage projects across all phases of the lifecycle.
- Deputise for the Programme Manager in key stakeholder meetings, such as, Month End Project Management Review, Weekly Senior Management calls
- Lead critical business improvement initiatives.
- Support the Programme Manager to manage project relationships, including partners, suppliers, and beneficiaries, in line with agreements, supplier code of conduct and best practice stakeholder management and contract management. These relationships will be managed through effective collaboration across the stakeholder community to ensure delivery objectives are meet.
- To launch, organise, plan, document and effectively manage the execution and conclusion of all allocated projects to deliver on our commitments within baselined schedule and budget
- Implement, maintain and manage all elements of project management including: value, scope, quality, procurement, time, finance, human resource, risk, opportunities and communications.
- Actively manage both Risk and Opportunities to achieve the best Business outcome
- Report performance of projects, engaging all Project stakeholders ensuring strong communications are established and maintained
- Ensure compliance with relevant leglislative requirements such as Safety and Security
- Provide robust leadership to drive team performance, competence and talent, and be a mentor and role model.
- Define, establish, manage and lead a high performing and successful integrated Project organisation
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships, handle changes through managing the customer's expectations together with the requirements for the Project.
- Work with the Supply Chain team to ensure that all sub-suppliers are fully engaged and managed to deliver their requirements within allocated budget and schedule
- Effectively manage technical teams and provide clear leadership and direction to mixed work streams, involving both clients and/or additional third parties to deliver the project collaboratively.
- Maximise the efficient allocation of resources and skills across the assigned portfolio
- Develop future capability though supporting recruitment, coaching, mentoring & competency-based development
- Understand the impact of change on delivery plans and manage change control tightly
General Operational duties
- Attend programme and department meetings as required
- Remain compliant with all applicable Processes and procedures
- Support the Programme Manager in developing and growing a professional and engaged team
- Strong problem-solving skill, with proven ability to develop solutions to a variety of problems
- Good attention to detail
- Organised, adept at workload management and prioritising appropriately to meet deadlines
- Flexible and responsive to changing priorities
- Proactive team worker, equally self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Good interpersonal skills, able to engage effectively with all audiences/stakeholders
- Proficient user of MS office
- Competent in PowerPoint and Presentation skills
- Strong Communicator - including written and verbal
- Strong customer focus
- Engaging 'can do' attitude
- Target Driven
- Influence others with tact and authority
Essential qualifications / experience
- Technical Degree
- Programme Management Experience, minimum of 5 years
- Team Leadership
- Customer Management
Preferred qualifications / experience
- PMP, Prince 2 or equivalent
- Maritime / Defence Industry
- Earned Value
- Software Development
- Safety Critical Systems
- Platform Management
- PM tool, e.g. Primavera
- Travel requirements: Occasional UK travel may be required to attend team/customer meetings and training activities
- Clearance requirements: Post-holder must hold and maintain UK Government clearances and be UK Sole National
- Looking for flexibility? At Northrop Grumman UK we have hybrid working arrangements. Talk to us at the application stage about what may be possible.