We are seeking an experienced person with outstanding skills for a busy eye surgeon in Bayside, Queens.
1) Please respond to this email by describing yourself and your experience. Also give your hours and days of availability.
2) State if you are interested in part time or full time work.
3) Must live in Queens, Nassau, or Suffolk. State if you drive and have a car available for travelling to work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1) Front desk including greeting patients, scheduling appointments, answering phones, collecting fees, validating insurance coverage, etc.
2) Patient coordination for efficient patient flow in the office
3) General office duties -- correspondence, public relations, etc.
4) Back up coverage for our ophthalmic techs when needed including visual field testing, OCT, OPTOMAP, patient history and screening, auto-refraction, entering exam data into computer, etc. We teach you how to perform these tests if you haven't previously done it.
Necessary requirements (READ CAREFULLY):
-1+ years medical office front desk experience
-Previous experience in ophthalmology or optometry is a strong plus
-Outgoing, well-spoken, organized, detail-oriented, punctual and self-motivated
-Warm, friendly individual who enjoys personal interaction
-Strong computer skills and ability to learn new software quickly
-Strong phone and people skills -- good customer service
-Excellent math, writing and typing skills
-Ability to speak fluent Spanish is a strong plus but not required.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Role: Medical Assistant/ Front Desk for Eye Doctor (Ophthalmologist)
Apply for this job now.