Job Title: Behaviour Mentor
Salary: £70 - £75 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are previous experience working with special needs.
Contract: April 2021 - July 2021
Smart Teachers are recruiting for an experienced a Behaviour Mentor to join an organisation based in Eltham.
- Working with Secondary students with SEMH
- Either 1:1 supporting a specific child, or working within small groups
- Identifying obstacles and barriers to learning and finding ways to overcome them in order get reengagement from your students.
- Reintegrating students into classroom settings
- School hours are 8.30am to 4.00pm
- Full time temporary position
- Daily rate is £70-£72 per day (PAYE)
- Temporary contracts available from April 2021
- The organisation specialises in working with local schools providing SEMH specialists.
- They have been awarded a “GOOD” OFSTED rating
- The organisation prides itself on its friendly and supportive environment and they provide training for all their staff.
To be considered for the Behaviour Mentor position, you will:
- Be experienced working with primary/secondary pupils with SEMH and SEN
- Have experience managing challenging behaviour
- Ideally have experience within a SRP/PRU/Special school setting
- Have experience working in a mentor role (able to follow EISS plans)
- Have the ability to deliver bespoke 1:1 or group work in secondary schools
- Be able to write cogent daily reports using Google drive and to track progress in behaviour for learning
- Have an understanding of national curriculum and differentiation (desirable)
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Behaviour Mentor who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment,