Imagine One Technology has an immediate opening for a Senior Life Cycle Maintenance Analyst at the Navy’s Carrier Planning Activity (CPA) in Portsmouth, Virginia. The individual will be a part of a government/contract team that develops and executes aircraft carrier life cycle maintenance plans that enable the ships to achieve their 50-year design life.
This position requires excellent knowledge of the Navy’s ship maintenance philosophy (i.e. Condition Based Maintenance and Reliability Centered Maintenance), process rules, baseline availability work package (BAWP) planning, Class Maintenance Plans, the availability budgeting process, and the roles of different organizations involved in aircraft carrier life cycle maintenance. The ability to retrieve and analyze system maintenance data from local and corporate databases is essential to success.
In addition, the position requires superior writing skills that will be used to draft and edit capstone documents such as Technical Foundation Papers (TFPs), directives such as the CVN68-CVN78 Aircraft Carrier Class Maintenance Plan (ACCMP) Manual, Life Cycle Engineering Plans (LCEPs), and the CPA Process Guide. Candidates must be able to write in the style commonly used within Navy organizational directives and instructions.
Additional attributes of the successful candidate:
- Knowledge and operating relationships of ship systems (particularly those found in aircraft carriers)
- Knowledge of the “9-Step Process” used for availability resource planning by the Fleet
- Extensive experience briefing senior management and developing briefing materials
- Prior service as an afloat department head or principal assistant (aircraft carrier preferred)
DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS, IDENTIFYING BOTH ESSENTIAL AND MARGINAL DUTIES:
Provide onsite Life Cycle Class Maintenance Engineering and Planning support to include:
- Export maintenance and cost data for Aircraft Carrier CNO availabilities from a variety of reports, tools and databases, including but not limited to Advance Industrial Management (AIM), Navy Maintenance Database (NMD), Open Architecture Retrieval System (OARS) and Departure Reports.
- Update and refine labor and material cost estimates for Aircraft Carrier maintenance.
- Provide support for analysis to determine Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF), Mean Time To Repair (MTTR), reliability calculations, and development of representative intervals, durations, maintenance cycles and repair mandays for depot level maintenance availabilities.
- Maintain the Aircraft Carrier Class Maintenance Plan (ACCMP) Manual. Draft Advance Change Notices (ACNs) and revisions as required.
- Maintain the aircraft carrier Technical Foundation Papers (TFPs). Draft ACNs and revisions as required.
- Write and update procedures for the CPA Process Guide.
- Analyze carrier maintenance labor and material costs to identify trends in expenditures for both timed and corrective maintenance, modernization and support services. Develop written reports and presentations to explain objectives, methodology, and the results of analysis.
- Provide oversight for review PMS Force Revisions to determine impact of changes to the CMP.
- Identify, track, and bring visibility to cost savings, cost avoidances, and cost increases that affect the operating and support (O&S) costs of aircraft carriers.
- Assess expected impacts to OPNAVLTR notional and corporate planning estimates via the nine-step process through analysis of maintenance activity estimates (expected cost) and completion cost.
- Attend and participate in COR-E meetings as a representative of the CWRT.
- Prepare both formal and informal correspondence, draft point papers to summarize analysis results through charts/graphs and reports to document and communicate life-cycle management issues and/or findings.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in positions demonstrating expertise in the job task areas (15 years is optimum).
- Knowledge of aircraft carrier systems is highly desired.
- A Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in Engineering/Engineering Technology or a degree with emphasis on statistical analysis is desired. Demonstrated expertise in the job task areas cited above can substitute for the degree requirement.
- US citizenship
- Secret clearance (at time of application)
Imagine One offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary. Excellent group medical, vision and dental programs. 401K savings plan with up to 4% employer match; $4K annual education; profit sharing; relocation assistance; advancement opportunities and much more!
IMAGINE ONE is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
*Imagine One “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and Imagine One is established; namely, award of contract to the Imagine One Team. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance).
Imagine One Technology & Management, Ltd provides mission-critical program management, systems engineering, test & evaluation, CYBER engineering services, training, information technology, and logistics services to Space and Naval Warfare Systems (SPAWAR), Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR), Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA), Naval Surface Weapons Center (NSWC) Dahlgren, Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAWC AD), and the United States Coast Guard (USCG). Within these agencies, the company currently works prime contracts including NAVAIR PMA-231, PMA-201, PMA-273, PMA-275 V-22 Training, PMA-275 V-22 PMSS, PMA-299, PMA-299 FMS, SPAWAR Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Systems, FMS programs, and Systems Engineering and Software Integration for (C4I) Systems Technical and Engineering Services for C4ISR; NAVSEA SEA 04, PMS 312, and Carrier Planning Activity (CPA) support; and U.S. Coast Guard CG-9 support.
Notable sub contract work includes professional support business to NAVSEA PMS IWS 1.0 and NAVAIR PMA 261; integration of C4ISR Systems into 2050 Category II and Category III Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) Vehicles for Marine Corps Systems Command (MARCORSYSCOM), and business/financial management and technical support to USN Training at The Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS)/Aegis Training and Readiness Center (ATRC), NSWC Dahlgren.
Key services are program and business financial management, international program management, C4ISR, test and evaluation, integrated logistics support, integration, quality assurance, SOA testing, developmental testing, software development, integration of COTS products, interactive multimedia design and development, distance learning systems, CBT/WBT, and acquisition life cycle support. C4ISR support include technical and engineering support such as: analysis of technical initiatives and new concepts for further exploration; research and preparation of new technologies; technical analysis support and reports on C4ISR architecture tools used to assess and verify demonstrations, tests and exercises; system software analyses, design, installation, testing and independent evaluation and assessments, and software upgrades.
For the U.S. Marine Corps (USMC) test and evaluation (T&E) Support Services delivery order, Imagine One supports several SSC-LANT Program Managers with specialized requirements engineering, analysis, and tracking services. Imagine One worked with the customer to strategically plan how proven USMC T&E processes could be automated using the IBM Rational suite of tools to meet or exceed the overall T&E program vision and mission, and customer expectations.
Major contract vehicles supporting DoD customers include SSC-LANT 8(a) MAC, SeaPort-e, and GSA MOBIS, and 8(a) GSA STARS II. NAICS codes include 541330, 561210, 518210, 541511, 541512, 541519, 541712, and 541611. Imagine One is a a Employee Owned company founded in 1998, headquarters are in Colonial Beach, VA, with three additional offices in Arlington, VA; Patuxent River, MD, and Charleston, SC.
Role: Senior Life Cycle Maintenance Analyst (CPA)
Apply for this job now.