We are looking for a hands-on mechanical engineering leader to serve as Project Manager, Client Manager and Senior Project Engineer, and help lead and continue to grow the firm’s Mechanical Engineering team.
Working with a small group, the Sr. Mechanical Engineer will be involved in the design of HVAC, plumbing and fire protection engineering for architectural projects and lead the Mechanical Engineering Department at the same time.
Advancement opportunity is available as the upper leadership team continues to transition into new roles and additional branch offices are formed. The position also offers comprehensive benefit package, plus year-end bonuses and potential stock ownership. Salary will depend on candidate’s experience and skill.
- Provide leadership and help grow the Mechanical Engineering Department; responsibility spans to budgeting and manpower scheduling
- Lead teams on selected projects serving as the client’s main point of contact for the Engineering team
- Provide oversight of mechanical engineering projects including QA/QC, production and delivery
- Provide specification and designs for architectural projects within defined budgets
- Maintain and foster relationships with clients
- Education - Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineer - 10+ years experience including design of HVAC, hydronic piping systems, central plants, building automation, medical gas, plumbing and fire protection systems for various types of projects such as commercial, industrial, institutional, healthcare and residential construction
- Registration - Registered Mechanical Engineer in the state of Florida, preferred; registration in other states acceptable, provided the Mechanical Engineer could get registered in FL without a hitch
- Engineering Leadership - experience leading/managing technical staff and architectural projects including strong background or focus on Client Satisfaction, Quality and Financial Accountability
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Energy Modeling
- NCEES/LEED AP Accreditation
- Commissioning Certification
- AutoCAD and Revit
Role: Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Apply for this job now.