Industrial Engineer - HFG
The Corporate Industrial Engineer develops and leads projects across the supply chain to increase productivity, maximize efficiency, reduce waste, and drive down product costs wherever possible. The Industrial Engineer is responsible for implementing changes to improve operations and establishing additional capabilities in start-up operations and facilities: profitability, facility design, material handling equipment specification, labor management, staff planning, project management and lead of continuous improvement initiatives. Leads team members to identify, manage, and execute each plant’s process improvement opportunities. Identifies problems or bottlenecks in production processes and helps to resolve issues. Supports continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, cost and customer service. Designs and plans equipment and machine layouts, workflow, and safety precautions to maximize the production of the facilities. Performs labor cost analyses, evaluates worker productivity and recommends improvements to processes. Helps improve workplace designs. Evaluates plant project requests through cost justification analysis. Ideal candidate will possess strong leadership and project management skills, is a self-starter, and has a strong background in IE, Plant Engineering/Operations, and IE/Productivity Engineering including Continuous Improvement, Lean, and Six Sigma tools.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Act as Corporate Industrial Engineer resource for establishing work measurement programs, conducting motion studies, and recommending methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities.
- Act as Project Manager on plant or corporate initiatives, focusing on cost reduction projects.
· Work with site management, engineering, operations to guide facilities and equipment selection and layout to optimize safety, quality and operational efficiency.
· Works with manufacturing area managers and plant managers at the operational level to drive process improvements, identifying compliance to contractual requirements for consistent, repeatable, and flawless execution.
· Leads the design of solutions utilizing broad knowledge, best practices and benchmarking.
· Evaluates, designs and implements new layouts, equipment upgrades, and other material handling solutions for facilities.
· Implements Continuous Improvement initiatives to help ensure the safety, quality and cost of products.
· Leads teams or individuals on project work, to help locations achieve sustainable results
· Leads multiple Industrial Engineering projects with minimal oversight
· Manages projects and program execution of low to moderate complexity
· Proficient in statistical analysis processes and understands how and when to apply them based on the situation and specific needs.
· Leads Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, and other Lean events and ensures projects are done according to budget and timelines.
· Support Marketing and R&D on new product development projects as assigned.
· Other duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Understanding of manufacturing processes and loss with the ability to distinguish
· Excellent attention to detail and data analysis skills
· Must have strong mechanical aptitude and be self-motivated
· Ability to work hands on individually as well as with others as a team
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills.
· Previous experience in a food-processing or manufacturing environment is a plus.
· Ability to read, write, communicate and comprehend written instructions in English
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science related discipline - preferred Industrial Engineering.
- Preferred 1-3 years of experience in Plant Operations/Engineering.
- Preferred 1-3 years minimum experiences in Continuous Improvement/Industrial Engineering role.
- Experience in time measurement techniques.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other analytical software.
Role: FOOD PROCESSING- INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER
Apply for this job now.