Company: HOSPICE OF VIRGINIA
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Hospice of Virginia is searching for a PRN Hospice Registered Nurse in Richmond, Virginia! We make a difference every day to patients and families coping with end-of-life illnesses.
This position with cover the Emporia area of Greater Richmond.
Hospice of Virginia has more than 20 years of experience serving hospice patients across the state of Virginia. Founded in 1996 by one of the committee members that created the Medicare Hospice Benefit in 1983, Hospice of Virginia has a long history of helping more and more community members improve their quality of life. Beyond being one of the oldest and most respected hospices in Virginia, we are also one of the biggest, serving over 60 counties in the state.
We are a caring organization whose first responsibility is to do the right thing in serving our patients, ensuring that no one should die alone, afraid, or in pain. We value our team, treating them fairly and with respect so they can provide exceptional patient care. We adhere to the highest ethical and compliance standards and are committed to a successful future for our organization and our staff, focusing on growth, innovation, and continued learning.
What We offer:
- Flexible Hours
- Great culture and team atmosphere
- Mileage reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Discount Programs
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with the responsibility for patient and family caseload, including the assessment, determining eligibility, admission processing, planning, implementation, and evaluation phases of the nursing process
- Obtain data and assess necessary information from the patient physical, psychological, social, and spiritual factors that may impact the patient and family's needs and initiate intervention by other members of the interdisciplinary team
- Initiate communication with the attending physician, interdisciplinary team, and other agencies for the purpose of coordinating optimal care
- Provide visits to re-assess the patient's needs and update the plan of care
- Perform therapeutic, preventative, and rehabilitative nursing procedures as directed by the attending physician
- Perform clinical pronouncement of death and provide support to the family
- Maintain accurate patient records, charts, progress notes, and reports and prepare care plans timely
- Graduate from an accredited registered nursing program
- Licensed as a registered nurse in the state of practice
- Maintains a current CPR certification.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with patients, family members, visitors, agency personnel, and the general public
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance are required
At Hospice of Virginia, we offer the career/life balance you seek.
In order to apply directly from your phone, text 2869 to 804.534.2611.