Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside South Gloucestershire Council to provide them with a Social Work Assistant on a 3-6 month initial contract which is likely to be extended into a longer-term contract.
This role is 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday and offers a pay rate of £12-£14 per hour. This may be negotiable dependent on your experience.
As a successful Social Work Assistant, your duties will be:
- Identify needs and arrange service provision ensuring that services are appropriate, accurate, targeted and well-organised and contribute to project planning meetings
- Assess, monitor, evaluate and review cases, care plans or reablement programmes, making recommendations for changes or adjustments as necessary.
- Take action to refer issues as necessary in accordance with Safeguarding Procedures in order to protect vulnerable people.
- Provide advice, support and guidance to service users and their carers ensuring it is in line with Council and national standards.
To be considered, you will have the following knowledge/experience:
- You may hold a vocational qualification e.g. NVQ 3 or equivalent.
- You will have considerable experience of working in similar service areas, including customers with complex needs.
- You will demonstrate knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice; processes and procedures; support mechanisms and specialist equipment.
- You will be able to carry out basic risk assessments.
If you wish to be put forward, please apply below and contact Cameron Nicholls @ Spencer Clarke Group. firstname.lastname@example.org / 01772 954 200