Title: Physical Build Project Manager
Duration: 5 Months Contract possibility of extension
Location: North Carolina 27401 United States
- The Product Build Project Leader is involved in many types of projects: from improving fuel efficiency or testing self-driving trucks, to increasing security or reducing weight, or simply designing the new look of the future Volvo trucks.
- As a Product Build Project Leader, you will plan the update of our prototype trucks with the latest components and software available from the developers. This requires good skills in stakeholders management to reach out to all department involved and the ability to communicate at different levels in the organization.
- You will work closely with technology leaders and workshop personnel as well as the development and verification teams.
- Our team welcomes positive attitude, perseverance and focus on continuous improvement. We are looking for a supportive team player, acting with integrity. Someone who takes ownership for their deliverables and can independently drive and complete tasks.
- We offer you a very dynamic, interesting and challenging position, where you will be able to grow personally and further develop your skills.
- University degree in Business, Engineering or related field.
- Previous experience with prototypes vehicle will be considered a clear advantage.
- Good communication skills and positive mind-set.
- Experience in project management.
- Technical and scientific interests: you are curious about the nature, function and utility of things.
- Strong interest in developing relationships with stakeholders.
- Good computer skills (comfortable with all Microsoft Office tools).
- Excellent spoken and written English.