HC-One has a clear vision; to provide the kindest care in the UK. To achieve this, we focus on individual people in our care, working in partnership with their families and our colleagues, to provide care of the highest quality. We have ambitious plans, and we would like to involve you in playing a crucial part in making them a reality.
Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, you will join a team of safety practitioners who act as an expert resource, providing the knowledge and skills required to promote a positive Health and Safety Culture. You will support the development and implementation of Health and Safety best practice, assisting colleagues to proactively manage risks and meet company expectations in relation to employment and service provision.
We are looking for a Regional Health&Safety Advisor to support our Care Homes located in the Midlands, Wales and South West of England. As part of a central support function, your role will involve working closely with the operations teams and you will need to be an optimistic individual with a can-do attitude.
Purpose of Role:
- To provide specialist advice, guidance and support to Home Managers and Operations Teams on all Health and Safety issues and incident investigations.
- To support the review, co-ordination and implementation of Health and Safety policies.
- To work proactively with the Home Managers and operational colleagues to establish, audit and monitor Health and Safety standards.
- To respond and intervene whenever conditions exist that pose an immediate or potential risk to life, health, or damage to equipment or buildings and to take corrective action as necessary.
- To promote a positive Health and Safety culture throughout the organisation.
- Will hold a NEBOSH National General Certificate, NVQ Level 4 or equivalent qualification in Occupational Safety and Health.
- Will have experience of working in a similar role in a busy people-focused environment with accountability for Health&Safety in a multi-site environment.
- Will have experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a highly regulated sector.
- Will have good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence and coach others and build credibility.
- Will have the ability to effectively work under pressure and have experience of investigating incidents and dealing with challenging situations.
- Will preferably have previous knowledge and experience of working within the health and social care sector.
- Will hold a full UK driving licence.
The role entails substantial travel with occasional overnight stays and includes 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a company car allowance, mobile phone and laptop.
HC-One offers professional residential, nursing and specialist dementia care for older people. We aim to be the first choice care home in each community for Residents and Colleagues; we will achieve this mission through providing the kindest possible care to Residents in over 300 care homes across the United Kingdom.
We are very proud of our outstanding team at HC-One. They are caring, warm-hearted and professional people who have a clear understanding of our Residents individual needs, choices and wishes.
What HC-One offer
Complimenting your salary, you will enjoy access to a huge variety of benefits and services to support your physical and psychological well-being and throughout your career we will invest in you and you will enjoy additional support and benefits including:
- Award-winning learning and development
- An opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues as part of an outstanding and committed team.
- GP online - providing around the clock GP consultation via an interactive app - available to you and your children under 16
- Colleague discounts – Access to over 1600 high street discounts including carefully selected discount partners
- Wellbeing - free of charge access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistance Programme. This gives Colleagues and their family access to 24/7 365 support for a whole range of issues including physical, mental and financial issues