Title: Construction Project Business Manager
Job Type: Direct-hire
Job Code: EB-78440
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Construction Project Business Manager to work on-site with our client, a world-class Construction Management company.
This is a direct-hire position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Assemble and organize budget and cost data, develop analyses, monitor job costs and variances.
- Assure that all billable costs and change orders are handled properly to assure maximum profitability.
- Manage all invoices so they are proper, certified by the owner, and that all billable costs are invoiced.
- Review the job costing system to ensure all costs are properly recorded, and comparison of estimates to actual costs are communicated to the appropriate management personnel.
- Work with Project Manager, Controller and others to assure profitability. This will be accomplished by providing up to date financial information and project status profitability reports and helping the Project Manager develop Key Performance Indicator (KPI) analyses as the job progresses in order to monitor key tasks and milestones.
- Develop and prepare reports that compare actual results to plan and provide accurate information to operations management, accounting management and cost planning to provide a sound quantitative basis for management decisions.
- Organize and assemble cost data, develop analyses and present cost information to management in such a manner that it is useful for decision-making purposes.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for projects and other work pertaining to costs and service activities.
- Undertake assigned special projects and cost analyses as specified by Project Manager or Controller.
- Enter project estimates into Project Management Cost Tracking Software Programs.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the project office.
- Educational and experience requirements may include: Four-year business/accounting degree plus two or more years similar construction cost accounting experience or equivalent combinations of training/experience.
- Working knowledge of cost accounting software, construction/rail technology, and budget analysis required.
- There will be frequent nights and weekend work schedule.
- Base Salary
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits.
- Employer Contributions to 401K Pension Plan [to 4% max]
- Vacation/Sick pay in accordance with Company Policy.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
Our client is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer. They promote a drug free workplace and utilize the government’s E-Verify process.
Role: Construction Project Business Manager
Location: San Mateo,
Apply for this job now.