Exciting opportunity to join a growing Supported Living organisation for young adults as a Support Worker
Support Worker - Adult Learning Disabilities, Mental Health
Permanent - 36 hrs per week contract
£8.80 - £9.50 per hourRole:
You will work within a friendly team offering care to young adults with complex learning difficulties, mental health and challenging behaviour. In line with a Positive Behaviour approach to care, the supported living services are largely recovery-based, with a strong focus on promoting independence, the re-learning of any skills they may have lost and improving self-confidence. Each service user has their own uniquely designed independent living plan, allowing them to carefully monitor progress and implement change as needed. Research has shown that one of the most distressing aspects of living within a shared residential environment can be the actions and behaviour of other young people. Staff staff are committed to building an experience of shared living that is better, safe and rewarding by actively working to create a culture that is free from any forms of bullying.
You will be required to work as part of a shift rota covering both day and night shifts these will be 12-hour shifts either from 8am-8pm or 8pm-8am.
There is a mixture of single occupancy and mixed households with 2-4 clients in each. Daily responsibilities
Using a technique known as 'applied behaviour analysis' to generate an in-depth understanding of the individual.
You will work closely with education and health services along with developed partnerships with other agencies including Local Authority Early Help Services and Youth Offending services.
- Visiting your client in their own residency
- Time spent with each resident will depend on the level of their needs
- Helping with their money allowances
- Attending appointments / taking shopping
- Administering medication
- Household cleanliness / chores (accompany the client if needed)
- Prompting with personal care if required.
- A minimum of 1+ years' experience within a similar supported living setting in the last 2 years
- Experience with providing support and care to adults with learning disabilities, mental health.
- Availability to be flexible for the day/night shift rotas
- Experience in dealing with individuals with challenging behaviour.
- NVQ Level 2 is desirable and will pay at the higher hourly rate.
- The sensitivity required to provide a trusting and stimulating environment along with being passionate about supporting people.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
- A genuine desire to make a real difference in people's lives
- You will be positive and willing to create and follow a personalised service to every individual that you support.
- Be available to support in whatever capacity is required by an individual to nurture their path to independence.
- All staff are employed in line with equal opportunities guidelines and are subject to rigorous recruitment checks.
What you need to do now:
- Competitive hourly rates
- 12hour shifts - changing shift rotas
- Overtime available
- Paid annual leave
- Excellent training and development programme
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking