Job Title: Residential Support Worker
About the Company: A dedicated organisation committed to providing compassionate care and support to children and young people. The residential facilities in Somerset are focused on creating a safe and nurturing environment for those in our care.
Position Overview: We are currently seeking empathetic and dedicated Residential Support Workers to join the team in Taunton. The successful candidates will play a crucial role in providing day-to-day care and support to children and young people, contributing to their well-being and positive development.
Individualised Care: Provide direct care and support to children and young people in a residential setting.
Contribute to the development and implementation of individual care plans.
Promote Well-being: Foster a positive and nurturing environment that prioritises the emotional, physical, and social well-being of residents.
Encourage and support residents in engaging with educational, recreational, and therapeutic activities.
Collaboration: Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure the smooth running of the residential facility.
Maintain open and effective communication within the team.
Record Keeping: Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of resident activities, behaviours, and progress.
Ensure that all reporting requirements are met in a timely and professional manner.
Safety and Security: Ensure the safety and security of residents at all times.
Follow established protocols and procedures in emergency situations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably within a residential setting for children and young people.
- A commitment to providing high-quality care and support.
- Level 3 or above in Children & Young People
Skills and Attributes:
- Compassionate and empathetic approach to working with children and young people.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of residents.
- Entitlement to 28 days of annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Fully funding training and qualifications
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced company maternity and paternity pay
- Progressive pay scale
- Access to a voluntary benefits including discounts at cinemas, restaurants and retail establishments
- Refer a Friend scheme - recommend a friend to come and work with Keys and you'll earn a £500 bonus!
- Enhanced DBS Check
If you are passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of children and young people and possess the necessary skills and qualities, we invite you to apply for this rewarding role.