Must be able to work with brick, block and/or stone completing custom work on distinctive projects. Need to have above average skill and speed in laying brick, block and/or stone. A Mason is required to complete work safely, with quality and within productivity specifications as directed by the foreman or superintendent.
- Participate and collaborate with the crew during daily huddle to ensure safety, quality and productivity goals are set.
- Ensures proper installation of wall ties, flashings and laps of paper to job specific standards.
- Measure distance from reference points and mark guidelines to lay out work, using plumb bobs and levels.
- Shapes brick, block, or stone in preparation for final setting with use of chisels and/or power saws.
- Spreads mortar along mortar guides to ensure joints of uniform thickness.
- Spreads mortar over brick, block, or stone and foundation with trowel and sets masonry in place by hand or with aid of a forklift or a crane.
- Aligns brick, block, or stone with plumbline and finishes joints with pointing trowel.
- Fasten or fuse brick or other building material to structure with wire clamps, anchor holes, torch, or cement.
- Remove excess mortar with trowels and hand tools, and finish mortar joints with jointing tools, for a sealed, uniform appearance.
- Construct corners by fastening in plumb position a corner pole or building a corner pyramid of bricks, and filling in between the corners using a line from corner to corner to guide each course, or layer, of brick.
- Lay and align bricks, blocks, or tiles to build or repair structures or high temperature equipment, such as cupola, kilns, ovens, or furnaces.
- Other duties as assigned by the Foreman or Superintendent.
- 3-5 year of equivalent work experience
- Attention to detail with demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness
- Conserves materials and meets productivity set forth by supervisors
- Observes all safety procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses and maintains equipment and materials properly.
About Trojan Labor:
We are a staffing company located in Nashville, Memphis, Columbia, Murfreesboro, Clarksville, Chattanooga and Knoxville specializing in Construction, Hospitality, Event, Clerical and Industrial placement. Let's get to work!
Trojan Labor is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Trojan Labor of Knoxville
1127 N Broadway St. Suite A
Knoxville, TN 37918
Trojan Labor of Nashville has been shaping the state of staffing since 2004. We currently operate offices in Nashville, Memphis, Columbia, Clarksville, Chattanooga, Murfreesboro, Knoxville, Oklahoma City, OK & Phoenix, Arizona. We specialize in temporary to permanent labor, general labor, skilled, janitorial, hospitality, crowd control, cleaning, composite crew, administrative, clerical, certified flaggers, traffic control technicians and off-duty police officers. DBE, SBE & WBE certified.
Like Us On Facebook; #
Connect With Us On LinkedIn; #
Follow Us On Twitter; #
Role: Experienced Block/Brick Mason
Apply for this job now.