A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen within a school in Dorchester for a motorbike mechanics instructor. This will be to start September 2021. Motorbike mechanics is an important and highly popular area of the schools vocational curriculum and they are looking for an exceptional person to continue its success.
The school has a main teaching base close to Dorchester and also a classroom at the local hospital. Students who attend the centre come from a variety of backgrounds - dual registered, permanently excluded, SEN needs and medical referrals. The school currently has 64 students and the cohort ranges in age from 5 - 16.
It is essential that you have experience of working with young people in a teaching capacity and are aware of the challenges that they face in today's society and are happy to support them with empathy. The school has an excellent workshop that is dedicated to this provision and are proud of the outcomes that our pupils achieve. The successful candidate will ideally be an experienced motorbike mechanics instructor and must have knowledge of social, emotional and mental health needs. You will be joining a friendly, professional team of people who want to allow our pupils to flourish and succeed, giving them the best opportunities in life. Enthusiasm, passion and a friendly disposition are essential, as is a high level of personal commitment.
The school are looking for someone who posses the following qualities:
- In depth knowledge of Motor Mechanics
- Endless enthusiasm and patience
- Experience working with students who display challenging behaviour
- Have some experience working with young people with SEN and SEMH
- Flexible and adaptable to be able to differentiate effectively to provide an inclusive education for all
- Driven to improve the quality of teaching across the entire department and can effectively contribute to the continual professional development of their colleagues on inset days as well as being pro active about their own CPD
- Is a teacher who is inspiring to students and staff alike and can positively generate a love for the subject demonstrating the value of the subject and skills developed in the real world
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply today!