The Quilter Group is a leading provider of advice, investments and wealth management, with a portfolio of £118.7 billion of investments on behalf of over 900,000 customers worldwide (as at October 2019). Our focus is on creating prosperity for the generations of today and tomorrow by providing financial solutions for investors around the globe, and we operate primarily in two main segments – Advice & Wealth Management and Wealth Platforms. You won’t just find diverse, talented and friendly teams here. You’ll also discover an inclusive culture and every opportunity for personal and professional development.
About the role
The key responsibilities for this role is to:
- Support the Risk and Actuarial Director in discharging the responsibilities of the regulated Actuarial Function for the Isle of Man and Ireland businesses.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Solvency II as implemented by the CBI in Ireland; Isle of Man solvency regulations and the relevant solvency regulatory frameworks which apply to the Quilter International branches (such as Singapore and Hong Kong).
- Support the Actuarial Function of the Quilter International businesses in overseeing product developments, product reviews, new or amended reinsurance arrangements and other aspects of product governance, as well as compliance with the Product Governance Policy in respect of the Quilter International businesses.
- Support the Head of Actuarial and Financial Risk in the delivery of a framework for the oversight of Quilter’s actuarial risks.
- Communicate the purpose and strategy of the Risk team and the actuarial risk management framework effectively to stakeholders, Quilter central functions and the individual Businesses.
- Oversee and support actuarial input into the production of external reports for Quilter International businesses.
Further key responsibilities can be found in the attached role profile.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need the following:
- Qualified Actuary
- Experience in financial services industry.
- Knowledge of the key Actuarial processes and associated risks and controls within major financial services firms.
- Knowledge of conduct regulations, including treating customers fairly.
- Undergraduate degree level education
No matter what job you do you should feel valued and appreciated. That's why we offer a competitive total reward package, which enables our employees to share in the success they help to create.
Holiday: 26 days
Quilter Incentive Scheme: All employees are eligible to participate in our incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it
Pension Scheme: 10% non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
Private Medical Insurance: Single cover as standard, cover can be increased at your own cost
Life Assurance: 4x your salary, cover can be increased at your own cost
Income Protection: 75% of salary payable after 26 weeks of absence
In addition to our core benefits we offer a range of flexible benefits that you can choose from and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction.
At Quilter, we're committed to creating an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We promote equal opportunities and make sure no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. We select candidates for interview based purely on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential.