Finance Assistant – Oxford
Salary: £26,000 - £29,000 DOE
Our Client is looking for an organised, proactive and personable character to join their Finance team, to support the Finance Manager and Finance Director, with a variety of financial duties, such as managing sub-consultant invoicing, coordinating staff expense and timesheet reports and monitoring business costs and overheads. The role consists of some general office administration support tasks, as well as a high usage of Deltek, our financial management software.
Essential Competencies & Experience required:
- Accounting qualification (AAT, ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or a desire to studying for a recognised accounting qualification
- Strong IT understanding of financial systems, preferably Deltek
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel – ideally including pivot tables, V-Lookups, charts, formulae
- Good working knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications, such as Outlook & Word
- Be self-motivated, prepared to initiate work and operate under minimal supervision
- High levels of personal effectiveness, particularly co-ordination, organisation, and the ability to focus on ensuring that timetables/deadlines can be met
- Have a flexible, organised and committed approach to work
- Have commercial awareness and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to explain financial issues in a way that is easily understood by non-financial staff
- Ability to organise and plan tasks effectively to work under pressure to meet essential deadlines
- Be able to operate successfully as part of a small finance team, especially when communicating with members of other teams and offices
- Some VAT knowledge required for sales invoicing and processing of purchase invoices
- Project accounting / WIP Experience
- Carry out duties consistent with all Guidelines, including Health & Safety, Employee handbook and Equal Opportunities Policy & Quality Assurance (QA) procedures
- Ensure confidentiality with regard to projects, staff and finance
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
Role: Finance Assistant - Oxford
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire
Apply for this job now.