DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
NYHRE and Washington Heights Corner Project are combining forces and looking for a Director of Operations to manage all operations and streamline systems of a newly merged legal entity. The Director of Operations will report to Chief Financial Officer and work alongside administrative and program directors to ensure efficient day to day management of facilities, outreach vehicles, service contracts, information technology and HIPAA compliance. They will be experienced in all aspects of management and operations with strong leadership skills. The ideal candidate for this position possesses proven leadership skills, as well as a strong ability to problem solve and make sound decisions that encourage organizational growth.
• Building management including leases, permits, maintenance, HVAC systems, and security
• Managing legal compliance and interfacing with legal representation as needed
• Managing a fleet of mobile outreach vehicles including scheduling, maintenance and inventory
• Oversee inventory of all outreach supplies and manage stocking and restocking of vehicles
• Personnel issues as related to operations and management
• Interfacing with all service contractors and vendors and scheduling service as necessary
• Establishing and disseminating policies and procedures
• Collaborate with CFO and Executive Director to develop financial plans
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of 7 years of operational experience
• Strong verbal and written communication abilities
• Strong leadership skills
• Effective decision-making skills
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer / Executive Director
maintenance staff and peers STATUS: Full time, exempt
WHCP and NYHRE are two separate organizations that now have a strategic partnership under one Executive Director.
Washington Heights CORNER Project (WHCP): #
WHCP’s mission is to significantly improve the health and quality of life of people who
use drugs by creating relevant supports and services including access to; clean syringes
through street-based outreach, advocacy and resources; a broad range of educational,
referral and health services that reduce risks associated with drug use - including HIV,
viral hepatitis and overdose. People who use drugs participate meaningfully in our service model. This is therapeutic in countering rampant stigma and feelings of worthlessness; and restoring social connections and hope. WHCP delivers service without judgment recognizing that individuals have the right to be treated with dignity and respect, have access to health care, and the space to work on their own goals.
New York Harm Reduction Educators (NYHRE): #
From its activist beginnings as an underground needle exchange, NYHRE is now New York’s largest syringe exchange program, serving over 4,000 low-income drug users and street-based sex workers each year in the Bronx and East Harlem using a unique street-side, low-threshold model. Rooted in social and economic justice, NYHRE provides integrated educational, supportive and substance use services in a non-coercive, grass roots manner that helps participants empower themselves, improve the quality of their lives and have a positive impact on our communities. All activities are designed to advance NYHRE’s service model, which is based on educating and empowering individuals to advocate for themselves and make self-identified
changes in their lives.
Role: Director of Operations
Location: New York,
Apply for this job now.