Following a recent restructure, Heyland Recruitment have recently been engaged by our client, a large, privately owned service provider in the Warrington area they look to recruit a Finalist/Newly Qualified Management Accountant.
The Management Accountant will assist the Financial Controller in managing the month end process, ensuring quick, accurate and accessible management information whilst reviewing and improving existing processes.
- Assisting the Senior Management Accountant and Financial Controller to produce the monthly management accounts and weekly flash reporting schedules
- Detailed analysis of cost variances and nominal ledger accounts
- Assisting in the preparation of annual budgets and mid-term reforecasts
- Completion of the month end balance sheet reconciliation process
- Completion of invoice discounting reconciliations
- Preparation of the VAT and other tax returns and assisting with tax and VAT queries
- Liaising with the external auditors, and assisting with the preparation of the statutory accounts
- Assisting with the implementation of financial controls / documenting of financial processes
- Interpretation of financial information and results
- Working with other finance team members on ad hoc projects to improve cost reporting, customer analysis and product P&Ls
- Compile other ad hoc analysis and summaries to management to assist in the efficient day to day running of the business.
- Previous experience in a fast paced and complex accounting environment
- Experience of producing both management accounts and statutory accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliation experience
- Excellent collaboration and organisation skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong excel skills with the ability to manage large quantities of data
- The ability to present information in a clear simplified way to both finance and non-finance colleagues
The ideal candidate will be a Newly Qualified/Finalist ACA, ACCA, CIMA Management Accountant who has previous experience within an SME or larger business.
This role would suit an ambitious Management Accountant who is keen to progress their career within a fast-paced organisation and finance department that is committed to continuous improvement and best practice.
The successful candidate will benefit from a supportive and down to earth business culture which includes a highly experienced and high calibre finance department.