Responsible for researching and reviewing Litigation files. Act as a point of support to attorneys through client correspondence, drafting, filing, and necessary file maintenance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Under limited supervision, draft the following: Appearances, Answers, Affidavits, Motions, Appeal Briefs, Pleadings, Discoveries, Notices, Certificates, Responses, and any general communication with the courts or opposing counsel.
· Ensure all documents are drafted to meet deadlines and prioritized based on urgency
· Prepare exhibit packages, including: reviewing internal databases and client sites, requesting needed documents to include as exhibits; review documents extensively and redact all non-public information
· Work case files through entire litigation process
· Meet with assigned attorney on a daily basis to discuss cases, drafting needs, upcoming hearings, and case strategies
· Manage attorney calendar for hearing dates, follow-ups, conference calls, copy due dates, and other miscellaneous appointments.
· Prepare spreadsheets of upcoming hearing dates and statuses on assigned files for attorney’s review
· Provide local appearing counsel and covering attorneys with instructions regarding hearings on said files
· Submit fee requests internally for litigated matters on behalf of the attorney
· Respond to general case inquiries and communicate routinely with clients through email and on client site platforms
· Serve as a liaison between attorney and client for complex and legal inquiries on assigned files
· Provide status updates on assigned files via spreadsheets to clients when requested
· Maintain general upkeep of assigned files through routine monitoring, and necessary escalation to internal and external contacts
· Scan and upload entered orders, attorney drafts, email correspondence, etc., to client sites and internal systems
· Review contracts including but not limited to mortgage, note, settlements, loan origination documents
· Check court dockets
· File documents and schedule motions with county clerks
· Prepare and submit courtesy copies for hearings on assigned files, deliver to court, and verify copies were received
This job does not require supervisory responsibilities
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor Degree or legal experience
· Paralegal Certificate is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
· Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel &Outlook
· Documentation Skills
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Ability to manage deadlines
· Ability to utilize multiple internal computer systems
· Ability to multitask and prioritize in an extremely fast paced environment
· Capacity to handle a high volume of communications and files each day
· Ability to retain and manage sensitive and confidential information
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job: Normal office working conditions.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes a salary commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
If you possess the requisite qualifications, and are seeking the challenge of working in a growing firm, please submit your resume in confidence.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce, LLC has historically represented over 350 financial institutions nationwide. With its finger to the pulse of the financial services industry, the firm works with legislators on both the state and federal level to assure quality legislation, particularly for it's mortgage servicing clients.
The firm’s unique ability to meet the specific needs of clientele, combined with industry perspective, experience, team approach, and personalized attention, assures clients cost effective and comprehensive legal counsel.
McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce, LLC is passionate about fostering an environment that supports both personal and professional development. Our most valued investment is human capital. The firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the work place.
Role: Litigation Legal Assistant
Apply for this job now.